BrowscapXmlParser uses too much resource per request, here's my fix

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 anos atrás
I just upgraded to version 3.80 and run a setup where I have my own webapi running on top of nopcommerce.

After the upgrade, I noticed the GC running very frequently within seconds on subsequent identical calls that dont involve much of the system.

A quick cpu profile showed that 25% of my request processing time was spent in BrowscapXmlParser's regex function.

public bool IsCrawler(string userAgent)
{
    return _crawlerUserAgentsRegexp.Any(p => Regex.IsMatch(userAgent, p));
}

To fix, I changed it to populate on load a thread safe cache object that can be checked per request.  This eliminated this method from even being registered by the cpu profiler as worth of investgation which means it's likely around or below a 1/10th a percent of the request processing.  

A significant improvement from 25%. This also fixed the frequent GC executions I was seeing.

https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/pull/2181/commits/e6acb0215a2208ccc04ffe2d81dec7738a1ffc6b
7 anos atrás
It might be useful to get acquainted with this topic
7 anos atrás
Updated PR : https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/pull/2181/commits/8ea07bbfebb13d7e09f87c9724fe02eb3edcff55
7 anos atrás
Thanks. But cookies are not a way to go (just to detect an search engine). Please also note that search engines ignore cookies (don't use and send them)
7 anos atrás
A search engine's user agent will be stored in the cache for future requests.  The cookie is for anything that supports it like a browser.

Pseudo logic of my change is

If ua in cacheobject return

If cookie exists return

Get browscap result

If search engine, store in cacheobject

Write cookie

Return

This prevents browscap getting called for the same search engine making requests to the box.

Cookie enabled clients are also prevented.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.