E Services Offering

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 anos atrás
I'm setting up a site to provide IS Consulting Services where Customers will purchase a block of time. In the case of on-site service requests has anyone developed a Per Diem calculator that would do a Zip to Zip distance * Rate for daily expenses that would then be bundled with an order ?
7 anos atrás
dakriege wrote:
I'm setting up a site to provide IS Consulting Services where Customers will purchase a block of time. In the case of on-site service requests has anyone developed a Per Diem calculator that would do a Zip to Zip distance * Rate for daily expenses that would then be bundled with an order ?

There have been questions such as this one about creating a shipping rate computation method plugin to calculate shipping costs based on distance, but I don't see any plugins in the marketplace for it. I think implementing it as a shipping plugin would be the easiest approach since you can then leave the address entry as part of the usual checkout flow and use the estimate shipping (travel expenses) functionality on the cart page. I expect there are also web services available for calculating travelling distances between two points, maybe the Google Maps API could do it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.