Site restarts continously

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 anos atrás
Hi,

I have a site that was running without problems for the last 4 years. I upgraded to 3.70 last August and had no problems until a couple of months ago when the application started at certain times to suddenly consume a lot of server resources and then restart without any apparent reason.

This phenomenon gradually became worse (restarting every hour or so) until this last week suddenly it restarts 4 or 5 times in a row until it takes down the whole server.

At first I thought that a scheduled task could be responsible but the problem persisted even when i disabled all scheduled tasks (except the Keep Alive).

I am not sure if it is related, but the log is full of errors like 'the path ... does not exist or does not implement IController'. The strange thing is that the paths mentioned include a language part (e.g. www.mysite.com/en/...) while I am not using the specific option (although I had enabled for a while some time ago).

I seriously do not know what to look for and since the site is hosted on a shared server, and the hosting provider refuses to bring it back on line I would really appreciate any ideas :)

Thanks
6 anos atrás
RE: "...hosted on a shared server"
You may need to upgrade your service.  If the memory allocation they've provided for your ASP.NET app is limited, then the site will restart when reaching that limit.
6 anos atrás
Hi, thanks for the reply.

The site has generally low traffic - no more than 30 or 40 unique visitors per day - which I do not think it justifies upgrading.
6 anos atrás
I just noticed, the transaction log on the db grew to 5GB suddenly before the db server went down - could it be a scheduled task that causes the problem?

These are the kinds of errors that are logged on the application log

The controller for path '/15/changelanguage/1' was not found or does not implement IController.
The details for the log entry.

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The controller for path '/15/changelanguage/1' was not found or does not implement IController. at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.GetControllerInstance(RequestContext requestContext, Type controllerType) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.CreateController(RequestContext requestContext, String controllerName) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.ProcessRequestInit(HttpContextBase httpContext, IController& controller, IControllerFactory& factory) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
6 anos atrás
Within a minute of bringing the site up (on its own server this time) the log had over a 200 of these entries with paths that do not exist.

The IP seems to be a bot but why is it trying to reach non-existent pages? Could it be the problem?
4 anos atrás
Hi,

Any solution for this issue.
I am getting same issue with my site, I am using nopcommerce v4.0.

Thanks
Ram
4 anos atrás
[email protected] wrote:
... getting same issue with my site,...

If you think you are being 'attacked' by a bot, then you probably need an IP blocker.  There's a plugin for that in the marketplace, or by using web.config
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.