Applying tax per state.... Taxing every state.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 anos atrás
I finally got the tax to work. I thought I setup to tax only PA, but it is applying tax to all states regardless where the customer is. Even if the customer is out of the state I specified to apply tax to.

Am I missing something? I want it to apply tax only when they customer is in our state. PA only, no other states.

Is that possible? Or do I have to tax every state if I have tax enabled?
5 anos atrás
I forgot to add that Im using 3.90
5 anos atrás
Hello,

This should be a correct answer..

# Go to Admin -> Configuration -> Tax -> Tax providers

# You will see "Tax.FixedOrByCountryStateZip"

# Click on Configure

# The toggle button should say "By country" insted of fixed rate

There you will be able to select a country and then state and then zip. If you do not want to setup a zip then leave it blank.

This should work otherwise you have to search for some plugin to do this in nopCommerce marketplace.

Thank you,
Atul
5 anos atrás
I was all thru the tax thingy. I am thinking;

The instructions say:
1: "Billing Address. When this option is selected, the tax is based on the customer billing address. If the billing address is unknown, the default address is used (entered below)."
2: "Shipping Address. When this option is selected, the tax is based on customer shipping address. If the shipping address is unknown, the default address is used (entered below)."
3:"Default Address. When this option is selected, the tax is based on the default address that is entered below."

If I am not logged in, and add something to the cart, it shows the state tax that is my Default.

So; should I make another tax with zero percent and make it the default? Do you think that will work?
5 anos atrás
Hello,

Yes. You can do it following way and try yourself first.

# Add a new tax category from Admin -> Configuration -> Tax -> Tax categories
# Go to Admin -> Configuration -> Tax -> Tax providers -> Configure
# Select "By country" in toggle button
# Enter the address that you are going to write in your default address and select newly created tax category then leave percentage "0.0000"
# Go to Admin -> Configuration -> Settings -> Tax settings
# Select your newly created Tax category in Common -> Default tax category
# Select default address that you configured for this tax category in tax provider configuration

This should work like charm. Let me know if it works for you. This will help whole community too.

Thank you,
Atul
5 anos atrás
[/u][u]nopAdvance wrote:
Hello,

# Enter the address that you are going to write in your default address and select newly created tax category then leave percentage "0.0000"
# Select default address that you configured for this tax category in tax provider configuration

This should work like charm. Let me know if it works for you. This will help whole community too.

Thank you,
Atul

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked!
I have one PA Tax and One "Out Of State" Tax in the categories. Out of state tax is Zero Percent.

I set it for Bill to Address in the settings). One in "PA at 6%" and one "Out of State at 0.00 percent".  

To test it, I added two bill to addresses in my customer profile...One in PA (where I want to apply tax) and one in Ohio where I dont want to apply tax. When checking out from OHIO, no tax was applied. I hit the cart button and re-checked out from PA and the tax was there. Hallelujah!!!!!!
5 anos atrás
Jackluv wrote:
[/u][u]Hello,

Thank you,
Atul

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked!
I have one PA Tax and One "Out Of State" Tax in the categories. Out of state tax is Zero Percent.

I set it for Bill to Address in the settings). One in "PA at 6%" and one "Out of State at 0.00 percent".  

To test it, I added two bill to addresses in my customer profile...One in PA (where I want to apply tax) and one in Ohio where I dont want to apply tax. When checking out from OHIO, no tax was applied. I hit the cart button and re-checked out from PA and the tax was there. Hallelujah!!!!!!

Sounds good.. :) Please vote up answers that helped you.

Thank you,
Atul
5 anos atrás
jackluv,

Just an FYI there are serveral counties in PA that have a higher tax than the state wide 6% sales tax.  These include areas in both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
5 anos atrás
Hi,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in this thread. I have the same issue and I am trying the same steps mentioned here. I have a couple of questions because I'm not quite getting this to work.

Is this how you set up the default "out of state" category?

Store = *
Country = United States
State/ Province = *
Tax Category = Out of State
Percent = 0

Will it work with just this one category or do you have to put in a separate one for each state with 0 percent?

Also, did you set the tax category in product pages to Out of State or to PA?
5 anos atrás
For those of you wondering what worked this is the solution.

Hello, Yes I did get that fixed.

In Tax Providers I have it set to:
Freindly Name: Manual (Fixed or By Country/State/Zip)
System Name:  Tax.FixedOrByCountryStateZip

Configure: Only two tax providers.
1: Out of state
2: Pennsylvania

Tax Categories I only have two of them;
1: State tax
2: Out of state

Last but not least: Change each one, but not manually.
Change on products taxes. You will have 3 choices after setting up the above configuration.
1: NONE
2: State Tax
3: Out of state.

But you dont do it manually. You change one, then export that one product with a group of other products. Change all the other products to match the one you changed and import them in again. If many many products, then go that in groups.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.