how to deploy one page after making changes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 anos atrás
Hi, i am new to ASP.Net development, I would like to know how to deploy one page to third party server from visual studio without deploying all the files. Do i also have to deploys all the files in bin folder?
5 anos atrás
If you edit a .css .cshtml or similar content page, there's no need to recompile the project, you just save it, and only this one file has to be deployed to the server.
There are many ways to do it, I usually do it by FTP-ing right to the directory it resides in on the server. Or another option is to Copy (CTRL-C) the file on your local machine and Paste (CTRL-V) it into the server's File explorer window viewed thru Remote Desktop. This is the fastest method I think.

If you modify C# code (.cs files) then you have to recompile the project. What project and how many of them depends on the dependencies (pun intended). The resulting .dll files will be in the bin folder, you have to deploy only the changes (you can sort the folder by the file's timestamps so you'll have all changed .dll files at the top, and can upload only those.

There are many other ways, like having visual studio publish itself the project, either by Web Deploy (if your server supports this) of by FTP, but to my experience the above method is faster.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.