How to install NopCommerce on arvixe

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anos atrás
Hi, I tried to install nopCommerce on arvixe.
I created a website mysite.com, a DB mysitedb, an account for the db and I moved all file in the "Store" directory, but I experienced this error:

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

I tried this solution: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/657/getting-configuration-error.aspx.
They say I have to create a virtual directory in my web site, however the problem remains.
Maybe I didn't understand the procedure.

Can anyone tell me how to install?

Best Regards
13 anos atrás
How did you install the virtual directory?

What is the path that you put for your virtual directory and where are the nopCommerce file physically located? They should be the same.

My files are in the root directory of the site so my path for the virtual directory looks like this:

\mynewcomicshop.net\wwwroot

if you put your files in a directory called "store" then your path should look like this:

\yourdomainname\wwwroot\store

I'm assuming that the store directory can be accessed like this: www.yourdomain.com/store/

The name for your virtual direcory has nothing to do with the actual folder on the server, so you can name it anything. You just have to be sure that the path is pointing to the actual files.

Also, if you're using 1.70 or later, you should have your asp.net set to 4.0 (integrated pipeline) for the virutal folder. Its under the extensions tab.
13 anos atrás
Hi bfranklin825, thanks!! Problem solved!
I used different path for my virtual Directory...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.