Integrating into existing website

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 anos atrás
Hello, I run a video production business mainly filming car racing and selling the DVDs we produce of it. But also wedding videos and other promotional videos.

Can the nopCommerce store be incorporated into an existing website at all? I only need the store for the car racing side, and my own designed pages for the home page and advertising the wedding films and others. Currently Im doing it all through the website design plugins using Paypal but Im not very happy with the design and ease of use so looking for another way to sell the products, but want to keep my own designed pages for the rest.

Basically my own designed home page, where you can link to either wedding films (my own design page), promotional videos (my own design page) and then car racing (using the nopcommerce design)

Is that possible? If so, are there any how to guides for it?

Many thanks for any help.
Thanks.
Nick
4 anos atrás
impact301 wrote:
Hello, I run a video production business mainly filming car racing and selling the DVDs we produce of it. But also wedding videos and other promotional videos.

Can the nopCommerce store be incorporated into an existing website at all? I only need the store for the car racing side, and my own designed pages for the home page and advertising the wedding films and others. Currently Im doing it all through the website design plugins using Paypal but Im not very happy with the design and ease of use so looking for another way to sell the products, but want to keep my own designed pages for the rest.

Basically my own designed home page, where you can link to either wedding films (my own design page), promotional videos (my own design page) and then car racing (using the nopcommerce design)

Is that possible? If so, are there any how to guides for it?

Many thanks for any help.
Thanks.
Nick

Hi Nick,

Yes, its possible. However, that will require some custom work to make it work as you intend. And if you're not a developer yourself then you will need a help of nopCommerce solution provider like us to implement the same.

Regards,

nopAccelerate Team
4 anos atrás
If you already have a site for "own designed pages for the home page", then you could just put a link in there like "Visit our store" that points to the nopCommerce site.
4 anos atrás
Thanks for the info, I think having a link to the nop commerce for the products would be fine, but Im having trouble getting started.

Ive downloaded it, the version with no source code, but all I get when I try to start the program is a black box with some commands that doesnt actually do anything.

Where am I going wrong?
4 anos atrás
Did you follow the nopCommerce installation process?
4 anos atrás
Hello, Im still trying to download and install the 'package without source code' but still having problems.

I have added an IIS server folder but when I download the nop commerce files, the .rar opener just gets stuck half way when trying to extract them into the same folder.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Nick
4 anos atrás
Download the file then Unzip to a local directory using https://www.7-zip.org/
Then copy all the files from local dictory to IIS Server Directory
There are some other setups shown in the instructions above
4 anos atrás
Yeah got the files copied now, but getting an error message when loading the site now.

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

Is there a more detailed 'how to' guide anywhere? The installation guide on the site isnt very detailed. Is there a better one with a step by step guide on how to get it running and how to add your own products into it?
4 anos atrás
Yes there is some implied knowledge required
Here's all the posts regarding that error
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/search?searchterms=HTTP+Error+500.19
4 anos atrás
Is there not just a way of installing the program, changing the products, pictures and text for your own and then upload? Would be much quicker and easier.

If I start the the program from the .exe icon in the folder where I extracted them to, all I get is some lines of code and nothing loads.

Ive changed the folder permissions and now just get a different message saying 'site cant be reached' localhost refused to connect.

What does that mean?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.