SqlException: Login failed for user ....

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 anos atrás
The DB password was changed on the hosting company "Mange" database option which leads to 2 questions below

1) How can the the password change be sycned-up with nop -  is this possible, is it a a hosting company question/task. The site install is a no source code install

2) Changed the DB password throw the SqlException exposing the database user name with the below error details. Hackers are extremely clever individuals which maybe able to use the detailed error to hack into the database. Therefore can the the database usere be excluded from the error

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, object providerInfo, string newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, bool redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, bool applyTransientFaultHandling, string accessToken)

DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while activating Nop.Web.Framework.WebWorkContext -> Nop.Services.Directory.CurrencyService -> Nop.Services.Directory.ExchangeRatePluginManager -> Nop.Services.Plugins.PluginService -> Nop.Data.Migrations.MigrationManager -> λ:FluentMigrator.Runner.IVersionLoader.
Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable<Parameter> parameters, out object decoratorTarget)
3 anos atrás
The DB login credentials are in the file  \App_Data\dataSettings.json.  You should be able to edit that file using the host's file management console.

The actual userid and password are not exposed in the exception message.
3 anos atrás
Thanks for the info. The change took effect after a site recycle.
As an aside, The user name is displayed. It was redacted when posted to the forum
3 anos atrás
Question? Are your exception and error messages exposed to the public. When my site errors there are no detailed error messages exposed. Check that your web.config file has debug set to false on the live server. I recently had my dbuser password expire and all I received was a http status error, I dived into the log files to discover the issue, it wasn't on public display.
3 anos atrás
First some disclosure.
1) I am a nop newbie and still in the learning/discovery phase.
2) I have installed the nop executable versus from source. Therefore I don't know what can be manually updated and what can not without negatively impacting nop.  I have yet to learn how to deploy the site from source code which will include future releases. Or have I yet discovered the advantage of deploying from source code.( I have no learned how to do this or know the advantage)  
That being said after doing some research I applied ' <compilation  debug="true" />'  to the WebConfig recycled the site and received an "Internal Server Error" which required me to back out the change .
While researching I noticed the hosting company has IIS settings and the Debug is set to Disabled.

See the link for webconfig and internal error images

https://postimg.cc/gallery/5ffpFpN
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.