Specification attributes - How do they work?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 anos atrás
Hi,

I am trying to use the specification attributes as a filter on listing pages.

I added couple of them to a product on the NOP demo, but they are not showing neither on listing or product pages.

Please see screenshot how I set them:
https://imgur.com/H1IjrMS

What am I missing?

Thank you in advance.
2 anos atrás
It should be there if you added on correct product.
Perhaps did you add these on admin demo of nopCommerce and expecting to see on demo nopCommerce? In that case it won't be there, the DB for these two site is different.
Sorry if I am asking silly question.
2 anos atrás
"specification attributes" are not the same as "product attributes".  Read the explanation at the top of the specification attributes page (in your screen shot).  They are informational, and not like product attributes.

Specification attributes are product features i.e, screen size, number of USB-ports, visible on product details page. Specification attributes can be used for filtering products on the category details page. Unlike product attributes, specification attributes are used for information purposes only. You can add attributes to existing product on a product details page. 
2 anos atrás
Custom Specification attributes don't work. Can define them on Catalog Attributes, but they don't show on Edit Product Details screen. When trying to add specification attributes on Product detail can only select default ones, Screen Size, Color, System Unit attributes. The custom attributes don't show up.

NopCommerce version 4.40.4
2 anos atrás
aaabbb3525252354 wrote:
Custom Specification attributes don't work. Can define them on Catalog Attributes, but they don't show on Edit Product Details screen. When trying to add specification attributes on Product detail can only select default ones, Screen Size, Color, System Unit attributes. The custom attributes don't show up.

NopCommerce version 4.40.4

nm, they work. I wasn't defining Specification Attribute Options (on the same screen where the Specification Attribute is defined). E.g. if an attribute is "Color" then the options below might need to be defined as "Red", "Green", "Blue". Without option values, the attribute "Color" won't be displayed in the drop down menu when trying to assign attributes to a product. Wish NopCommerce were more transparent about this. But it works.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.