master pages

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anos atrás
I have installed nopCommerce .

I want to change the homepage layout and color.

I went to master pages and when clicking on design I dont seem to get a logical layout as when i create my own Master pages in asp.net.

I am confused as what to do with editing nopCommerce master pages.
13 anos atrás
For example i wan to change the default layout to look like this ?

http://www.cabinethardwarecloseout.com/
13 anos atrás
hi, you need to look a several files to get the layout like the website you mentioned - start with style.css in your selected theme

you will then need to look at the masterpages and several of the aspx pages ( including default.aspx ) followed by the ascx modules

you will not see the layout using the design mode in visual studio - you will only see it when you save a file and refresh the view in your browser

don't be intimidated, take it bit by bit and you will find that it is quite straight forward - i suggest you use firefox browser with firebug plugin

have a look here for more info
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/8011/getting-started-faqs-documentation-screencasts.aspx
13 anos atrás
I had a quick look at the post but could find anything on changing layout and nor did I find anything on google as yet.

Is there some help docs on this because you need to pay for the docs and i really didnt see anything on changing the layout in the documents index. Is this some big secret:)

Here is a simple task
the home page is Default.aspx and changing the master page  where categories on the left are swapped with manufacturers where do i do this?
13 anos atrás
hello jagguy

You should know asp.net , html css to create a different layout.

As said

I assume you know asp.net master pages.

nopcommerce uses nested master pages.

The first master page will be root.master

then one coloumn master, two coloumn, three coloumn master.

The default page uses three coloumn master, which itself uses root master page.

To alter the design you may reqired to edit the CSS, that is it.

It is easy to skin and develop based on nopcommerce.

One is the CSS file, then making proper settings in administration section. Your cart is ready to go.

No other shopping cart is like this.
13 anos atrás
thanks for the information.
I have made a few asp.net webpages before.

Ok I found the style.css in Appthemes->nopClassic.

BTW I cant use design mode for vs2010 on aspx pages but do i need FF to locate div tags instead?

bit light on for information on this product.
I have posted a more specific question in layouts.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.