Blog post: "Open-Source vs Hosted: A Comparison of Shopify and nopCommerce Ecommerce Platforms."

1 ano atrás
Hello nopCommerce community,

We recently published a blog post on Open-Source vs Hosted: A Comparison of Shopify and nopCommerce Ecommerce Platforms. As someone who's been exploring different ecommerce platforms for a while now, we think this comparison is very relevant and informative.

We highlight the key differences between the two types of ecommerce platforms. On the one hand, you have Shopify, which is a hosted platform that takes care of everything from hosting to security to updates. On the other hand, you have nopCommerce, which is an open-source platform that requires you to take care of all these things yourself.

If you have any thoughts or experiences to share about either platform, please feel free to share them here in the comments! Checkout the post here: https://dev.to/nopadvance/open-source-vs-hosted-a-comparison-of-shopify-and-nopcommerce-ecommerce-platforms-efb

Thank you for your continued support of our community.

Best regards,
NopAdvance LLP Team
7 meses atrás
I read the article and frankly I didn't learn much about how they are different in terms of features. For each category, it mentions Shopify has X features then it states that nopCommenrce also supports them and it repeats this cycle for each category.

With comparisons, I prefer to see an exhaustive matrix (table) of features and then if each product support it.  Much better than reading a lot of text. I prefer to scan with my eyes.