plugin list won't populate (during development)

8 meses atrás
Hi, i'm learning how to write plugins (using 4.50.4), but it crashed during the installation phase.  Now the list of plugins won't populate.  When I click "Reload list of plugins" it is restarting the application, and then IIS Express seems to have disappeared - I need to restart the debugger in Visual Studio.  Going back to the plugins, the list is still empty.  I've cleaned the build, but that didn't help either.
Thanks for any hints.
8 meses atrás
erict wrote:
When I click "Reload list of plugins" it is restarting the application
yes that is correct
erict wrote:
I need to restart the debugger in Visual Studio.
yes that is correct
Have you got the correct version in the plugin.json  file for the plugin ?

Can you see your plugin directory in \Nop.Web\Plugins\
If not check your Project File

Did you start with an existing plugin that did build and work then copy and modify ?
8 meses atrás
Thanks for your hints.  Turns out all the plugin.json files were missing in nop.web/plugins.  Did a rebuild all and that solved the problem.
I didn't start with a existing plugin, but am following the tutorial: https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/developer/tutorials/guide-to-expanding-the-functionality-of-the-basic-functions-of-nop-commerce-through-a-plugin.html.  I followed it too verbatim and used Net7.0 as per example, but of course 4.50.4 is still at Net6.  That was the reason for the fail on my first run.  How I lost all the plugin.json files is unclear but now I can install and uninstall my plugin.