nopCommerce w/o commerce abilities

7 meses atrás
I share many of the opinions found in this forum that the architecture of this platform is top-notch (working as a software engineer using .Net since 2003, I'm showing my age). That being said, please forgive this question: Have any of you used nopCommerce as a web platform without the shopping cart features enabled?
7 meses atrás
Sure why not its a great platform for all sorts of things not just e-Commerce
I have one site that is Api Integrator linking another e-Commerce (non nop) website with SAP.
Using all the infrastructure objects like IMAP and SMTP Email, Email Queue, Schedule Tasks, Error Logging,  SQL Database for custom tables, Third party Api's and ofcourse it provides a place to house the c# code that does all the work.
6 meses atrás
[email protected] wrote:
I share many of the opinions found in this forum that the architecture of this platform is top-notch (working as a software engineer using .Net since 2003, I'm showing my age). That being said, please forgive this question: Have any of you used nopCommerce as a web platform without the shopping cart features enabled?

Yes, Indeed, its pleasure to work with nopCommerce with or without commerce features. We have used it for many such projects where either role of commerce was very minimum or none, but extending other custom features on top of nop's existing infrastructure was done very well.
6 meses atrás
We have several sites that we're using NopCommerce for informational purposes only, with no shopping/ecommerce ability activated and it does well here.

The only downfall we've come across with the above configuration (and also with the site being used as an ecom site since our ecom instance also has multiple levels of informational content) is the lack of search capabilities across the various non-product related content (news, blog, topics, categories and posts).  

We ended up working with NopAccelerate to get a customized version of their Solr Search plugin that handled this issue for us.  So any term searched for looks at all site content for the term, and returns logically grouped results based off of the type of content found.