Power of Core makes the site faster or not?

5 meses atrás
Hola a todos!

We are an online shop in Madrid, we started using nopCommerce a few years ago. Our version is v3.90. It works fine and we still use it. We already bought different plugins we needed on upwork before (from different developers).

We wanted to move to another versions but decided to remain on this one, because there are some things we like in older version (3.90), but they don't exist in newer versions, for example bulk edit, it really makes our work faster and better.

So, we have Win VPS with following parameters:
Window Server 2012 R2
MSSQL 2014
IIS 7.5
Core: 4*2.2 GHz
RAM: 6 GB
Memory: 200 GB SSD

We run only one site on this VPS. The site loads okay and the speed of the site is also fine.

Now we have an option to increase the Core Power to 4*3.4 GHz.

That's why I ask, if we make the server core power like 3.4 GHz will the site work faster?

TY.
5 meses atrás
Not sure if the CPU change would make a lot of difference - certainly it would make some, but I think to some degree memory is more important that CPU.
RE nopCommerce from v3.9 to v4.6 there would be a big speed improvement in itself but depending on what plugins you are using some may not be available for the latest version ?

For Bulk Edit I have this plugin https://www.selectsystems.com.au/bulk-edit-products