NopCommerce upgrade from 4.0 - 4.1

2 meses atrás
Hi,

I am upgrading a nopCommerce application from version 4.0 to 4.1. The application includes several custom plugins developed by a previous developer, and I am new to plugin development. Can anybody suggest the best way to proceed with upgrading these custom plugins?

I have already updated the database and the theme (Prisma), and both are working fine without any issues. However, I am currently stuck with the plugin upgrade process.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

2 meses atrás
version upgrade right ?
2 meses atrás
Why upgrade to just v4.1 ?

Do you have the source code for the Plugins ?
If so, you need to manually upgrade each plugin - if you do not have source code then they will be rebuilt from scratch

Or what do the plugins do - maybe the functionality is available from existing plugins in the market place ?
2 meses atrás
Hi Yidna,

Thanks for your reply.

Why upgrade to just v4.1 ?
This is my first upgrade. The nop website suggested upgrading incrementally, which is why I chose version 4.1 initially. To update to the latest version, should I consider upgrading to 4.3 first and then to 4.6x?

Do you have the source code for the Plugins ?
Yes, the plugin source code is available. I have created class library projects under the plugin folder in Visual Studio and copied all the contents from the existing code. However, after deploying using Visual Studio, I can't see the custom plugin in the dashboard. Am I missing anything here?

Additionally, I will check the marketplace for similar plugins.

Thank you.
2 meses atrás
nopcom-newbie wrote:
To update to the latest version, should I consider upgrading to 4.3 first and then to 4.6x?

Yes use the scripts to update to v4.3
Then later change the v4.6 code appSettings.json file to point this database and then the migration will carryout the further updates

But in the first instance  setup a test v4.6 site and run the install and create a test v4.6 database to make sure v4.6 is all working for your environment

nopcom-newbie wrote:
I have created class library projects under the plugin folder in Visual Studio and copied all the contents from the existing code. However, after deploying using Visual Studio, I can't see the custom plugin in the dashboard. Am I missing anything here?

If you are referring to the upgraded to v4.1 versions - I assume they built without error and the plugin is now in \Nop.Web\Plugins\XXX.YYY

Did you change the respective plugins.json file "Supported Versions" to 4.1
2 meses atrás
RE: "upgrading to 4.3 first and then to 4.6x?
               ... Yes use the scripts to update to v4.3"

Note that you only need to upgrade the DB with the update SQL scripts.  You don't have to also upgrade and run each prior version of nopCommerce.  Once the DB is at 4.30, then pointing 4.60 to it will complete the DB upgrade.