Pre discount shipping price

1 mês atrás
Hiya Everyone,

Just reaching out to ask the question if it is possible to retrieve the shipping price post discount being applied.

For example, we have a site wide automatic discount that applies free shipping to every order, we have had upwards of 100+ orders and now need to calculate shipping costs for each order however it would be much easier if we could just pull the prices of what it would cost before the discount got applied.

If anyone knows a way to do this please help me out, any advice is massively appreciated :)
1 mês atrás
RE: "...need to calculate shipping costs for each order..."
Do you plan to do that on each product using the product's "Additional shipping charge" field?
(Or use a shipping rate calculation plugin like Fixed By Total By Weight?)

RE: "... pull the prices of what it would cost before the discount got applied "
Please clarify.  (Why do you need that?)
1 mês atrás
RE: Do you plan to do that on each product using the product's "Additional shipping charge" field?
(Or use a shipping rate calculation plugin like Fixed By Total By Weight?) - I don't know how I plan on doing that is why I'm asking for suggestions, I would assume there is a way to retrieve the price as it  would normally get calculated when checking out but there is just a discount being applied. Is there anyway to show the costs without the discount?

RE: "... pull the prices of what it would cost before the discount got applied "
Please clarify.  (Why do you need that?) - To estimate shipping costs internally
1 mês atrás
OK, I understand now.  You want to "record" the original shipping cost prior to discount.
The [Order] table in the DB does not have a field for the shipping discount amount or shipping amount prior to discount.  Thus, it would require customization.

FYI: The Shipping Director plugin (it's mine; at noptools.com) does have an undocumented feature ($SendTraceToOrderNote ) that will send tracing information to an Order Note.

A few considerations though:
a) In general, the shipping rate calculation is an "estimate" in the sense that the rate may not reflect the actual cost of your shipping, which may be affected by your final packing, splitting an order into multiple shipments, etc.  (Which you do mention above "To estimate shipping costs internally" :)

b) In your case it may not apply if you only offer one shipping method/rate, but the SendTraceToOrderNote tracing shows all the methods/rates calculated, but does not show the one selected by the customer, which is recorded in the [Order]'s [ShippingMethod] / [ShippingRateComputationMethodSystemName] columns in DB.
1 mês atrás
Hiya,

Thank you very very much, you are a legend @NewYork,

I'll take a look at your plugin and the other options, thank you for all in the info, very insightful.