Limit shipping methods by product?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anos atrás
Also, is there any way to limit shipping methods by product?

For example I have some products that must go overnight air, and others that can go ground, but I still people to be able to chose to ship ground items overnight if they choose.
13 anos atrás
AroostookDigital wrote:
Also, is there any way to limit shipping methods by product?

For example I have some products (A) that must go overnight air, and others (B) that can go ground, but I still people to be able to chose to ship ground items overnight if they choose.

Maybe you can do it as follows:
For products (A) assign the Additional shipping charge at product level ($10 as you explained in the other thread) and set weight and dimensions to 0, so they will not be charged twice. For products (B) you only set the corresponding weight and dimensions, so they are charged with the corresponding Shipping Rate Computation.

Then define 2 shipping methods: "All overnight" and "Mixed (overnight for A and ground for B products)" and apply the overnight rate computation for the first and ground for the second. Thus A products will allways be charge the same and B will be charged accordingly with the selected shipping method ;-)
13 anos atrás
Thanks for the quick reply and suggestions!  

My only gotcha would be if they want to pick up in store, without being charged the additional charge. (My client has a brick and mortar store as well.)

Any thoughts on that? If so please feel free to reply to this post:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/9893/in-store-pickup-still-charges-additional-shipping-charge-intentional-or-bug.aspx
13 anos atrás
AroostookDigital wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply and suggestions!  

My only gotcha would be if they want to pick up in store, without being charged the additional charge. (My client has a brick and mortar store as well.)

Any thoughts on that? If so please feel free to reply to this post:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/9893/in-store-pickup-still-charges-additional-shipping-charge-intentional-or-bug.aspx

Sorry but I dont find any way to do it out of the box if for  store pick up for all items A and B and no charge.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.