Arvixe hosting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 лет назад
I think they are definitely false advertising their nopcommerce plan.  Nopcommerce 2.0-2.2 doesn't work for the $5 a month plan. I bought the business class plan and it might be slower.
12 лет назад
thrifty34 wrote:
I think they are definitely false advertising their nopcommerce plan.  Nopcommerce 2.0-2.2 doesn't work for the $5 a month plan. I bought the business class plan and it might be slower.

Please elaborate! What do you mean business plan(27$) is slower than 5 $ plan?
12 лет назад
There is no speed difference just more ram, and half as many databases(they say).  I wouldn't however trust them if there still trying to sell the $5 plan for nopcommerce, when it has been stated by many users it runs out of ram and crashes the application pool.
12 лет назад
CodeMaster wrote:
i have same problem always with Arvixe server and after many tickets and online chat , i decided to find another server company and im still looking for company , godady also has some problems i think because in nopcommerce forum i read many problems for godady and i decided to buy dedicated server , which company good and cheap for dedicated server ?

Everything that's been mentioned here is regular behavior of a .NET app. .NET apps require time to initialize . Therefore, if you run a very low traffic website, the app pool will recycle and therefore, the next load will take longer. Subsequent loads will be very quick as the app has already been loaded into memory.

Switching from host to host is not going to resolve this issue for you but a dedicated environment where you keep the recycling to a minimum.
12 лет назад
thrifty34 wrote:
There is no speed difference just more ram, and half as many databases(they say).  I wouldn't however trust them if there still trying to sell the $5 plan for nopcommerce, when it has been stated by many users it runs out of ram and crashes the application pool.

While some users have complained about Personalclass accounts, others are running their shopping carts just fine.

From what I can see, in most cases, it comes down to expertise of the user. As Alex has outlined in this very post, nopcommerce can be tweaked. Furthermore, there are users in this very post who do not understand why their applications take longer to load after 30 minutes. I think that's a simple concept any .NET developer should be aware of regardless of the application (application recycles after a period of 0 activity). These all point at the fact that complaints are not purely regarding service but also regarding lack of familiarity.

Another note is that in this very post, users are complaining about performance issues and then outline the biggest issue to be forwarding emails to hotmail.com . How are those 2 even remotely related?

Our job at Arvixe is to properly look at servers where complaints are being filed. When the name of the server is provided (such as what I've asked here and have not been provided), we can identify whether we experience the same issues with nopcommerce installations on that server and look into resolving them.
12 лет назад
arvand wrote:

While some users have complained about Personalclass accounts, others are running their shopping carts just fine.

From what I can see, in most cases, it comes down to expertise of the user. As Alex has outlined in this very post, nopcommerce can be tweaked. Furthermore, there are users in this very post who do not understand why their applications take longer to load after 30 minutes. I think that's a simple concept any .NET developer should be aware of regardless of the application (application recycles after a period of 0 activity). These all point at the fact that complaints are not purely regarding service but also regarding lack of familiarity.

Another note is that in this very post, users are complaining about performance issues and then outline the biggest issue to be forwarding emails to hotmail.com . How are those 2 even remotely related?

Our job at Arvixe is to properly look at servers where complaints are being filed. When the name of the server is provided (such as what I've asked here and have not been provided), we can identify whether we experience the same issues with nopcommerce installations on that server and look into resolving them.

Server is jasmine.arvixe.com.
Actually just now the website nopcommerce loaded for the first time with out displaying page not found! NICE:)

As for the app pool being recicled it's 110% true. For low trafic website thats why it's likely nopcommerce won't work for low trafic websites on arvixe personal hosting 5$/month. But will I'm going to give it another try and write small app(maybe win service) that would request ever 5 min or so my domina url that way the app pool is alway going to be up and loaded all the time:) any thought on that?
12 лет назад
Try using http://www.PingAlive.com  Create an account and point to a topic page you create (mine was named pingalive)

I have two sites, nop2.1 and nop2.2.  One is a test site and the other is about to go live in a few days or so.  They are both hosted on the same Arvixe server.  The cart is small and will be used more as an informational site (catalog mode), blog, cms, and forums.  There is no checkout/payment enabled.  It will be a low traffic site.

On Pingalive the average response time is 598 mSec for the 2.2 site. For the 2.1 site, the average is 1356.   Uptime has been 99.43% and 99.70% respectively, for the few weeks I've been monitoring.  For comparison, average response for static html pages on the same Arvixe server are about 215 mSec, worst case.

I've turned off (via Admin) any unused features, which improves performance.

In recent weeks the 1st page load time has been very reasonable at about 1 to 3 seconds.

If it holds, this is acceptable to me.
12 лет назад
Thanks, pingalive.com is great for this task. Will test for another week or so to see how arvixe server holds up...:)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.