New nopCommerce 2.7 Jewelry Theme released!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 лет назад
SSSikora wrote:
Greetings,

The sample site only shows one picture for each product but I assume multiple pictures are supported? Fantastic looking theme by the way!

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

We are glad you like it!
You can have as many pictures as you would like. The theme uses the Nop Cloud Zoom plugin that allows you to zoom the pictures and also to click on the main image and show the default zoom in nopCommerce. There is a setting in the Administration of the plugin that you can switch this click to zoom on/off.

Thanks
11 лет назад
SSSikora wrote:
One other question as well.

Since, it seems like from reading the documentation, that the theme isn't integrated into the source does that mean that you can't see the changes you are making in Visual Studio while editing nopCommerce in the context of the theme? In other word do you need to completely compile nopCommerce, deploy it, and then re-add the theme each time you make a source code change?

Thanks,
Scott

Let us first explain that the theme consists of two parts - the actual theme and the plugins that are integrated in the theme:
1. Theme files - located in Themes folder of the nopCommerce installation. This includes all the Razor views (.cshtml) files, css and images. All the Razor views are compiled at runtime, so there is no need to compile the sources if you change them.
2. The theme comes with 10 additional plugins that enhance nopCommerce in a number of ways and all these plugins are seamlessly integrated in the theme. Some of them are integrated as Widgets while the others are integrated by simply setting a checkbox in the Administration of the theme i.e Integrate Nop Quick Tabs etc. All the plugins are optional except the plugin for the theme itself and the core plugin. So you can chose, which plugins to integrate and which not it is completely up to your preferences and needs.
As to modifications to the plugins as all the plugins have their Razor vies open to modifications then again you don't need to compile the nopCommerce sources if you make any changes to the plugins.

Hope this information is useful!

Many thanks!
11 лет назад
Thanks for the responses. Sorry if I was unclear. What I want to make sure I can do is fully integrate the theme source code into nopCommerce so that when working in Visual Studio I can at any time press F5 and see the site as it would look with the theme and all of its elements in place and have a completely functional site for testing.

Thanks for taking the time to answer,
Scott
11 лет назад
SSSikora wrote:
Thanks for the responses. Sorry if I was unclear. What I want to make sure I can do is fully integrate the theme source code into nopCommerce so that when working in Visual Studio I can at any time press F5 and see the site as it would look with the theme and all of its elements in place and have a completely functional site for testing.

Thanks for taking the time to answer,
Scott

Hi SSSikora,

We can confirm you can seamlessly work with the Theme locally in Visual Studio and the nopCommerce source code and modify it to your needs.
The downloadable package of the theme includes two folders - Theme and Plugins.
You simply need to copy the plugins from the Plugins folder into the Plugins folder of your Nop.Web project and copy the Jewelry theme from the Theme folder into the Theme folder of your Nop.Web project.
Then you can hit F5 and have nopCommerce up and running. Then you need to install the plugins from the nopCommerce administration and select the Jewelry theme as an active theme for your nopCommerce instance.
That is basically all and you can work with the theme the same way you would with the default DarkOrange theme.

There are great series of articles by Carole Bennett in the Arvixe blog that describe how you can use our themes:
http://blog.arvixe.com/nopcommerce-tips-creating-a-custom-layout-part-5-customizing-the-nop-anywhere-slider/

Hope this makes it much more clear!

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have additional questions and we will be glad to help!

Many thanks!
11 лет назад
Excellent, I figured as much but it's always best to know before you buy...which I'll be doing shortly.

Thanks again for being so helpful with my questions.

Regards,
Scott
11 лет назад
Possibly I could trouble you with one further question? Do you make the sample data available that you used for the demo site so that we can use it for sales purposes?

Thank you,
Scott
11 лет назад
SSSikora wrote:
Possibly I could trouble you with one further question? Do you make the sample data available that you used for the demo site so that we can use it for sales purposes?

Thank you,
Scott

Hi Scott,

You could write an email to our Sales guys:
sales at nop-templates.com and they will be happy to answer your question.

Thanks
11 лет назад
@7spikes

Hi, beautiful theme - and some excellent plugins.

I have a question for you regarding the way you styled the category Navigation - can i ask how you achieve the different styling of the child categorys ?

i have a post here where i've been asking this
11 лет назад
I got this theme and I am trying to remove the connect with us on the bottom left how do I do that?
11 лет назад
nareg32 wrote:
I got this theme and I am trying to remove the connect with us on the bottom left how do I do that?

Hi,

You need to open this file:

Nop.Web\Themes\Jewelry\Views\Common\Footer.cshtml

and remove this element and its contents:

<div class="footlist footer-contacts">

Also, please note that this is a theme developed by Nop-Templates and it is best to write such questions either in our forum or to send an email to our support staff:

http://www.nop-templates.com/boards

http://www.nop-templates.com/contactus
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.