Changing hosting providers GoDaddy --> Applied Innovations

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
So I'm jumping ship from goDaddy for various reasons and moving my stuff to applied innovations.

I want to do this move as smoothly as possible, so I'm looking for any advice:

I'm going to be using AI's Windows ISS7 or 8 as the new hosting provider. This means I can use remote IIS remote admin (I believe this means I can use my local IIS management tools/SQL database manager?) to admin my software/database?

Gameplan:

1. Create local backup of database from goDaddy.

2. Place this copy of the database using remote management SQL tools (SQL Server Management studio?)

3. Built a new copy of my nopCommerce 1.4 and copy to remote disk.

4. Configure connection strings and test.

5. Request domain name update to point to new hosted location so hopefully this change takes place as quickly as possible to avoid having new data created in the old hosted database.

Problems:

1. I haven't used the ISS remote management tools I mentioned before.

2. I'm new to Applied Innovations, so Ill probably be on the phone to customer support telling them exactly what I'm doing so this goes smoothly

3. I have purchased a third party SSL cirt. I can still get it refunded, so Ill probably want to use AI's ones (unless they give me a hard time about it like goDaddy did...anyone know how strict they are about issuing cirts.)

Thanks in advance...any advice? Anyone used AI to do this sort of thing?
14 лет назад
AI is wonderful....support...s outstanding....I have used their services for over 6 years.  I just completed the same thing....go daddy to AI.  Luckily I figured out early that this was the best soldution....I tried to save a copy of my database to upload to  AI,but I couldn't get it to work....their support staff couldn't either...so I finally gave up and just recreated the database.  I believe the problem was on the godaddy side...the file corrupted during the backup.  

Hope this helps...although I do know it will create many extra hours of product imports....
14 лет назад
Ok, Ill keep this in mind as I get ready for the move.
14 лет назад
So far so good!

Here is my only problem so far: I am getting my hosting on Applied AI using MSSQL 2008 and goDaddy uses 2005.

When I attempt to use Applied's little backup restoration widget I get an error: "Full Text Catalog Not supported".

I did some digging and am kind of confused, should I build a copy of a 1.4 nopCom. database on and than restore over it?

Thanks!
14 лет назад
Ok update- just tried this and it didn't work. Contacting customer support...
14 лет назад
SoftsysHosting :)
14 лет назад
Hey where do I click? you guys are in Brighten, CO?

I'm in Bloomfield! Hello neighbor! Wish I'd realized about you guys being local before I signed up for AI -- maybe I will move over to you guys after my next two months are up!?
14 лет назад
Not my company....I just use them..
14 лет назад
yeah that dawned on me after the fact )-8 any ideas about my problems with the "Full text Catalog"
14 лет назад
My "Guess" is that the backup restore only works is that if you have used the backup util for the server db on their site.

Not to restore a db from another site and sql server version.

Just an educated guess.

I always use SQl scripts to populate and also to update the db. This way you can move between hosts easily.

Hardly ever use the admin to add or edit data.

Changed hosts too many times to do it any other way.

A host may be perfectly OK today (or at least you think so right now) only to find out they're not so great the next day, month or whatever.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.