Can't login to established store

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
Using SQL server management studio, check the admin account to see if it's active. If not, turn it on or you won't be able to log in.
14 лет назад
The usernames are all active....still won't work...tried the forgot password again...still didn't work...
14 лет назад
I have looked through all of your questions in this thread. I seems that you are not a SQL expert. So dealing with SQL database directly without knowing exactly what you are doing is very dangerous. You may make your nopCommerce site stop working. What I suggest here is

1. Back up your database before making any more changes.
2. Register a new account.
3. Go back to SQL database back end. open table Nop_Customer. Make sure the values of field IsAdmin and Active are number 1. Save the table. Remember do not touch the PasswordHash field. The value you see on that field is not the password. It is hashed password (or encrypted password). When you login, the nopCommerce sends the password you typed in through a process to generate a hased password. Then it compares the hashed password with the value in field PasswordHash to verify if you are the one you say you are.
4. Go to nopCommerce site front end and try to login using new account. If nothing's wrong, you should be logged in as an administrator by now.
14 лет назад
I have done as instructed.  The values in the isAdmin and isActive columns are "true" or "false".  When I tried to change to"1" I got a "invalid character" for that cell warning...in other words, I could not change the value to 1.

I really appreciate all the help that I am receiving....and yes, I am not very well versed with SQL....
14 лет назад
Sorry I forgot to explain to you that those fields are boolean fields. So 1 equal true or yes. In this case you can enter "true" (without double quotes)

Hien
14 лет назад
thanks for the info....

now that I have verified the entries to be correct....what is the next thing I should look for?

Thanks
14 лет назад
Now, try to login with the new registered user

Hien
14 лет назад
Well, good news!  I can now log in....not sure what changed to allow me to log in...

We registered a new customer from a different computer.  We were able to log in with no problems.  I then tried to log in from my computer....it now only accepts usernames....I had tried both username and email address many times with no success....but for now it is working!

Thank you so much to all that assisted me!  

Terry Louthain
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.