Ideas for next Nopcommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 лет назад
To be honest, I'd take a few months off developing nopCommerce the software, and focus on developing nopCommerce the brand.

nopCommerce is a superb piece of engineering.  But most everyone I talk to has never heard of it.  Either developers in the .net world, or just generally businesses in person.  I'm not sure that nopCommerce carries the weight of competing products like osCommerce, wooCommerce, shopify, etc.  As a plugin developer for nopCommerce, the number of people using the platform directly has an impact on the sales, so I'd rather see more people using the platform rather than any single given feature.

I'd be thinking about things like:
- modernising nopcommerce.com.  This site feels dated (don't hate me!)
- building reputation within the microsoft community, for example, Andrei, are you a Microsoft MVP?  You should be.
- Spend some time doing howto videos
- build an appstore for nopcommerce plugins, a central place to buy themes and plugins rather than how fragmented it is now.
- make a big deal out it how successful it is.  Maybe start tracking metrics about how many orders have been taken, values, etc.  Could that be a condition of using the free version, it anonymously calls home to you?
- get pci accreditation for nopcommerce.  It's not on the centralised list of compliant applications, which is a shame.

I really rarely get emails from nopCommerce.  You could market to me a lot harder than you do without annoying me.
8 лет назад
Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for suggestions

pauldeen wrote:
- modernising nopcommerce.com.  This site feels dated (don't hate me!)

As you may know the default theme is already updated in the upcoming version. Please find more info here. And the official site redeisgn is also already planned (most probably this year).

pauldeen wrote:
- building reputation within the microsoft community, for example, Andrei, are you a Microsoft MVP?  You should be.

No. As long as I know only one of existing MVP can suggest (or invite) new potential persons to be awarded.

pauldeen wrote:
- Spend some time doing howto videos
- build an appstore for nopcommerce plugins, a central place to buy themes and plugins rather than how fragmented it is now.
- make a big deal out it how successful it is.  Maybe start tracking metrics about how many orders have been taken, values, etc.  Could that be a condition of using the free version, it anonymously calls home to you?
- get pci accreditation for nopcommerce.  It's not on the centralised list of compliant applications, which is a shame.

Thanks a lot for suggestions. There are a lot of marketing plans (including these ones) to be done in the near time. But most of them will be started after the official site redesign.
8 лет назад
Hi Guys

I totally agree with Paul, we do need to raise the bar with the marketing, we do need more brand awareness, I am currently creating a new site for Xtreme Commerce and have dedicated some space to nopCommerce just to help with promotion as it is in everyone's interest to get this out there, I think the new Default Theme Design will go a long way to doing that.

If there is anything we can do to help further to promote nopCommerce, please let me know.

I would also like to see more work done the Multi Vender and Multi Store as they seem to be the poor relations at the moment which is a great shame, the problem is they are not that user friendly at the moment, we need to be able to inject more information, pretty much like the solution that Hezy did a few years back, more and more people are looking for Multi Vendor and our system just does not compete with other Vendors as far as the order system is concerned, I would really appreciate it if you would consider bringing Multi Vendor up too scratch so we can compete on a better level.
8 лет назад
I just wish Nop would have the client content management like http://www.bettercms.com/videos/ (open source .net mvc)
8 лет назад
congthanhgiong wrote:
I just wish Nop would allow client content management like http://www.bettercms.com/videos/ (open source .net mvc)

What do you mean by "allowing"? Can a pluging be created to connect Nop with Better CMS?
8 лет назад
Tecnofin wrote:
I just wish Nop would allow client content management like http://www.bettercms.com/videos/ (open source .net mvc)
What do you mean by "allowing"? Can a pluging be created to connect Nop with Better CMS?

Sorry for my english. I still use wrong words sometimes. Anyway, I've seen many times that my clients ask for how to manage the content in Nop, too complicated for them.

I'm sure even Nop veterans here still find it hard to deal with the admin UI, end users just want to jump right in to create content, not to learn how it works. That's why client admin UI would help just like BetterCMS or Reaction Commerce  https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=48&v=tQm80OYzux8
8 лет назад
I agree with everything pauldeen has mentioned. I'm on a lot of small business forums and whenever someone asks which ecommerce package to use, most developers mention all the php solutions such as bigcommerce, wordpress / woocommerce etc. I'm a microsoft developer and hardly anyone I know has ever heard of nopCommerce. You really need to fast track redeveloping this website with a clean professional bootstrap design. The forum software is so dated, you can't upload images or code. In the past i've posted a lot of handy features in the forum, but generally they fall on deaf ears, and i'm just wasting my time. Better UI and more marketing means more implementations and increased revenue for nopCommerce.
8 лет назад
We might support MySql to draw some attention from the open source community.

Sql server is a bit pricey and in some countries they just don't want to use
8 лет назад
congthanhgiong wrote:
We might support MySql to draw some attention from the open source community.

Sql server is a bit pricey and in some countries they just don't want to use

Thanks for suggestion. Please vote for this work item here
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.