RESOLVED How to do a vertical align center on header links

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
Alight so I am really sick and tired of the header links not working with me right to vertically align them to be in the center.

Anyone know what can be done to make them vertically aligned tot he center? I have tried just about every string I can think of but nothing modifies it to go vertical center.
14 лет назад
Try wrapping them in <center></center> tags.
14 лет назад
Were?
14 лет назад
Go into the file where the elements you want centered and put the elements you want centered inside the <center></center> tags.

For example, if there was a <div> element and you wanted it centered, it would go like this:

<center>
  <div></div>
</center>

You can wrap anything with <center> tags.

<center> works in all browsers but it is recommended to use CSS.  I still use <center> because sometimes I have the same problem as you.
14 лет назад
Well center tags only center horizontally, and since nopcommerce header links are already centered horizontally I couldn't care less about doing that part. What I need is to center them  vertically. I.E.

Valign:center;

However I have no idea were to put it, I have tried just about everywhere in the style sheet as well as the header sheet with no luck on vertical alignment, And ALL nopcommerce themes have the header links aligned to the top so I am wondering, has anyone managed to align them center vertical, and were and how did they do it?
14 лет назад
Oh.  I misunderstood.

Try doing an inline style: style="vertical-align: middle;"
14 лет назад
Again, I understand how to make something vertically aligned, I do not have any problems there. I need to know EXACTLY what block in the Style sheet to do it to as I cannot find the right spot.
14 лет назад
Try putting the inline style into the element itself to test.
14 лет назад
Again, your not understanding at all. I know how to make text, pictures, anything vertically aligned. I don't have any problems with that. I can do it anywere on the site.

The problem is that I do not know what element in the style sheet is controlling the header links, as I have tried every spot I can think of with no luck.
14 лет назад
You are talking about the links in the dark gray area right?  Not the ones at the very top with the border?

The ones in the dark gray area, I have aligned in the middle with this CSS:

.headermenu
{
  color: #FFFFFF;
  background: #3a3a3a;
  padding: 9px 5px 9px 5px;
  text-align: center;
  height: 100%;
  min-height: 25px;
  vertical-align: middle;
  letter-spacing: 1px;
  margin-bottom: 10px;
}

.headermenu ul
{
  padding: 0;
  margin: 0;
  height: 100%;
  float: right;
}

.headermenu li
{
  list-style: none;
  display: inline;
}

.headermenu a
{
  color: #FFF;
  text-decoration: none;
  text-transform: uppercase;
  font-size: 0.9em;
  font-weight: bold;
  padding-left: 10px;
  padding-right: 10px;
}
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.