Email confirmation is not sending automatically

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 лет назад
I have a problem sending mail, the email confirmation is not sending automatically, I configure the email and this work fine with the test but when i register a new user, the email its never sent.
5 лет назад
Do you see a queued email in admin area > system > message queue? Is it sent?

If no, what errors do you see in admin area > system > log?
5 лет назад
Message queue:

Id: 6
Subject: Tienda Rayados. Password recovery  
To: [email protected]  
Created on: 8/22/2018 9:13:44 AM
Planned date of sending:
Sent on:
Message Priority: Alto  

5 records say the same.

Log:
Error  Error 400. Bad request  8/21/2018 8:54:42 PM  
Información  Application started  8/21/2018 8:26:29 PM

Log level: Error
Short message: Error 400. Bad request
Full message:
IP address: 127.0.0.1
Customer: Guest
Page URL:http://localhost:15536/passwordrecovery
Referrer URL:http://localhost:15536/passwordrecovery
Created on: 8/21/2018 8:54:42 PM

I hope this can help to resolve the problem, thanks
3 года назад
Hi,

I am having a similar issue (with v4.20), in that when I test password recovery with a valid user email address, the resulting message on the password recovery page states an email has been sent with recovery details, but no email is sent.

- Email on the system is configured correctly (as shown with test emails, contact us and registration).
- I am see this message in the queue, and it does appear to have a proper reset token link in the body.
- The system log shows the following error:

Short message:
Error sending e-mail. Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <[email protected]> No such user here

Full message:
System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <[email protected]> No such user here
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
   at Nop.Services.Messages.EmailSender.SendEmail(EmailAccount emailAccount, String subject, String body, String fromAddress, String fromName, String toAddress, String toName, String replyTo, String replyToName, IEnumerable`1 bcc, IEnumerable`1 cc, String attachmentFilePath, String attachmentFileName, Int32 attachedDownloadId, IDictionary`2 headers) in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Messages\EmailSender.cs:line 153
   at Nop.Services.Messages.QueuedMessagesSendTask.Execute() in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Messages\QueuedMessagesSendTask.cs:line 69

I am testing password recovery with a valid user email address (more than one actually). What could be causing the system to think otherwise?

Thanks.
3 года назад
Update: I was able to confirm that the "Customer.PasswordRecovery" message template is active and configured properly to use the default email account.

Also, this site is a recent upgrade from v1.6 to 4.20. I just learned today that this issue plagued the previous 1.6 installation. I wonder if there could be something in the database from the old installation that is causing this issue?

We've since gone live with 4.20, and it would be really great to get this password issue resolved.
3 года назад
The error suggests the email server of the recipient does not recognise the address.  can you check the QueuedEmail table and double-check that the To and From addresses are well-formed.

WebMagi wrote:
Update: I was able to confirm that the "Customer.PasswordRecovery" message template is active and configured properly to use the default email account.

Also, this site is a recent upgrade from v1.6 to 4.20. I just learned today that this issue plagued the previous 1.6 installation. I wonder if there could be something in the database from the old installation that is causing this issue?

We've since gone live with 4.20, and it would be really great to get this password issue resolved.
3 года назад
JonQuick wrote:
can you check the QueuedEmail table and double-check that the To and From addresses are well-formed.

Thanks JonQuick. Do you mean the db table? If so, what would I be looking for here?:
3 года назад
Yes, db table. Right-click, select top 1000 rows  - I wa more interest in the data, to see if a bug in the code was causes a bad 'To: email address' (or a blank To: address)

Can you query and find the entry that matches your error case.

WebMagi wrote:
can you check the QueuedEmail table and double-check that the To and From addresses are well-formed.

Thanks JonQuick. Do you mean the db table? If so, what would I be looking for here?:
3 года назад
JonQuick wrote:
Yes, db table. Right-click, select top 1000 rows  - I wa more interest in the data, to see if a bug in the code was causes a bad 'To: email address' (or a blank To: address)

The top 1000 rows show data from before the move from GoDaddy to Everleap, and before the upgrade from v1.6 to v4.20 (so from Sep 2019, to Jan 2020), but I can see that the To and From for Password recovery results do show actual user emails (to) and the correct system admin email (from).

Sorry for having to ask, but how would I query for my email address and/or my most recent Password recovery attempt, which is the error code I shared in my first post? I'm accessing a live database (although I did back it up prior to running SSMS), and I do not wish to munk it up... ;-)

Thanks
3 года назад
if you look at the TOP 1000 rows query and then add this to the end of it (replace jon with your email address (or part of your email address).

WHERE [To] LIKE '%jon%'
ORDER BY [Id] DESC

WebMagi wrote:

The top 1000 rows show data from before the move from GoDaddy to Everleap, and before the upgrade from v1.6 to v4.20 (so from Sep 2019, to Jan 2020), but I can see that the To and From for Password recovery results do show actual user emails (to) and the correct system admin email (from).

Sorry for having to ask, but how would I query for my email address and/or my most recent Password recovery attempt, which is the error code I shared in my first post? I'm accessing a live database (although I did back it up prior to running SSMS), and I do not wish to munk it up... ;-)

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.