Email confirmation is not sending automatically

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 года назад
That worked. Resulted in 4 rows - my registration in March, and my 3 password recovery attempts this month. The To and From both have the correct emails. When I copy these (with headers) and paste them into Edit Pad, I'm not seeing any spaces or other characters.
3 года назад
In your admin 'Email Accounts' list, Edit your 'default email account'.
At the bottom of the page "Send Test Email"
Do the test two ways:
1) send email to the same email address
2) send email to some other domain\address
3 года назад
New York wrote:
In your admin 'Email Accounts' list, Edit your 'default email account'.
At the bottom of the page "Send Test Email"
Do the test two ways:
1) send email to the same email address
2) send email to some other domain\address

So #1 worked, and the email received stated "Email works fine.".
As for #2, I received this error when attempting to send a test to my email address: "Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <[email protected]> No such user here ".

So the either the system does not recognize that I am a registered user, or this email test is only designed to work with system emails. What is your assessment?

Thanks
3 года назад
If you are able to send email within domain but not to other domains then this is a problem with your email server or configuration.   This issue has been reported in the past and oddly enough the solution that sometimes works is to delete the email account and then reenter it*.  
Where/who is your email host?  Are you using Gmail?

(*  Deleting the email account will 'impact' the emails in the QueuedEmail, as their EmailAccountId will no longer be valid.  If you want to resend the ones that did not go out, then you may want to backup this table, as I don't recall if deleting the account cascades to the queue)
3 года назад
New York wrote:
If you are able to send email within domain but not to other domains then this is a problem with your email server or configuration.   This issue has been reported in the past and oddly enough the solution that sometimes works is to delete the email account and then reenter it*.  
Where/who is your email host?  Are you using Gmail?

The site is hosted with Everleap, and they are using SmarterMail (which is what the admin email account hooks into). This sounds like an issue I should take up with Everleap support then.
3 года назад
It's likely that that mail server is 'internal' to their network, so try port 25, with no SSL and no 'Use default credentials', just user id and password.
3 года назад
New York wrote:
It's likely that that mail server is 'internal' to their network, so try port 25, with no SSL and no 'Use default credentials', just user id and password.

Hi, so sorry for the delayed reply - Everleap seems to have resolved my issue on their end, something about an MX record adjustment. After the MX change, and before I ran another email test, I also re-input the password for the admin email account (just to be sure) and saved.

All tests worked after that. :-)

I really appreciate everyone's input. nopCommerce has such a wonderful support forum, and I am truly grateful for your time!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.