Installation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 лет назад
Good Afternoon,
I have Windows Server 2003 Sp2 with SQL 2005 Sp2 on remote server . I cresated the database and ran the  sql scripts. After that I  m lost. It says copy the unzipped folder to the web host. there are 3 folders . which folders should I have to copy. My site is on port 100 for now . I copied all the 3 folders on on inet/ecom .
It also says connection string for sql Can someone tell me how to create connection string

Can someone also post step by step guide as I m new on it

Thank you
Kundan
15 лет назад
Hi,

You can copy it to where-ever you want, but the easiest way is to place the folder in inetpub/wwwroot which is the default webpage folder.
the site itself is in nopcommerceWeb and this is what should on the wwwroot.

After that, you to give some permissions, like permission  to aspnet user. but first, understand that nopcommerceWeb is the site itself.
Did you configure the web.config inside this folder?
15 лет назад
amiga wrote:
Hi,

You can copy it to where-ever you want, but the easiest way is to place the folder in inetpub/wwwroot which is the default webpage folder.
the site itself is in nopcommerceWeb and this is what should on the wwwroot.

After that, you to give some permissions, like permission  to aspnet user. but first, understand that nopcommerceWeb is the site itself.
Did you configure the web.config inside this folder?

What am I supposed to configure? I see there couple of web.config file. Which web.config should be edited
15 лет назад
You should configure web.config file located in Web folder (not Administration). But I recommend to read " Installation and setup" manual which you can find here https://www.nopcommerce.com/Documentation.aspx
15 лет назад
Thanks for your support. It says I have to change the connecting string. Is thi the connection String I have to modify on web.config
Driver={SQL Native Client};Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase; Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword;
15 лет назад
I tried to edit the web.config with Driver={SQL Native Client};Server=root\dc;Database=Ecom; Trusted_Connection=yes;
under
<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=NopCommerce;Integrated Security=False;User ID=sa;Password=dgs2002"/>
  </connectionStrings>
Niot sure what to modify. Can you please hlp me where to modify
Thanks a lot
Kundan
15 лет назад
Yes
15 лет назад
http://www.connectionstrings.com/ and http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=sqlserver2005 will help you
15 лет назад
If you're still confused and not sure what to do, you can get a partial connection string through the VS itself:
1. Create a new Website (to make your experiments)
2. Place something that can use DB, like DropDownList under "standard" (or almost any other ASP.NET control that displays data).
3. Click on it with your mouse. Can you see the additional option mark on the border of it? - nice square with ">" inside.  Hit it.
4. Hit "Choose data source" and fill the fields required to get to your wanted DB.
5. In the next screen, you'll be given the option to create a new connection or use an existing one. Whatever you choose, you have also a "+" sign beneath to see the connection string itself. Just add password and username.

If you want the whole string, you can just finish the process. Then you'll see the connection string in the Web.Config file of your new site under "connectionStrings".
15 лет назад
refering
DC = root
Database server Name = DC
Database name = ecom
Using trusted connection

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=(root\dc);Database=ecom;Trusted_Connection=yes;"/>
  </connectionStrings>

Is this right ?
Sorry for ignorance

Kundan
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.