issue: NC doesn't send email as password reminder

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
Hello,

when I click on Password Recovery link in login page. It doesn't send me any email as password reminder.

Any idea?

Thanks.
13 лет назад
rsavra wrote:
Hello,

when I click on Password Recovery link in login page. It doesn't send me any email as password reminder.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Have you setup admin mailbox yet ? if no, then you need to configure your mail setting in order to work e-mails on your website.

13 лет назад
Thanks for the response. Yes, I had setup a Yahoo account to receive messages. However, my question is from customer's perspective. What I'm trying to say is that when I (as customer) don't remember a password I do click on the link on login page ... however, although I'm given a message as "Email with instructions has been sent to you." but it does NOT send any message to my personal email.

Regards.
13 лет назад
You may need to check your junk mail for the message.
13 лет назад
No, I had checked that too. Am I missing a setting in Admin dashboard? how can I integrate nopCommerce with my SMTP setting on Server?

Thanks.
13 лет назад
rsavra wrote:
Thanks for the response. Yes, I had setup a Yahoo account to receive messages. However, my question is from customer's perspective. What I'm trying to say is that when I (as customer) don't remember a password I do click on the link on login page ... however, although I'm given a message as "Email with instructions has been sent to you." but it does NOT send any message to my personal email.

Regards.

you mean you have setup mail setting for yahoo in this location  Admin section > Configuration > Email Accounts  ?
13 лет назад
OK. I'm testing it from customer perspective. Assuming I'm a customer and cannot remember my password. So when I click on "Forgot password?" it asks for my password (customer's password) then I click on "Recover" button.

Then NC show a message as "Email with instructions has been sent to you. " But I don't receive any password or link to reset my password.

Have I missed a step or something during NC installation?

Regards.
13 лет назад
rsavra wrote:
OK. I'm testing it from customer perspective. Assuming I'm a customer and cannot remember my password. So when I click on "Forgot password?" it asks for my email(customer's email) then I click on "Recover" button.

Then NC show a message as "Email with instructions has been sent to you. " But I don't receive any password or link to reset my password.

Regards.
13 лет назад
rsavra wrote:
OK. I'm testing it from customer perspective. Assuming I'm a customer and cannot remember my password. So when I click on "Forgot password?" it asks for my password (customer's password) then I click on "Recover" button.

Regards.
13 лет назад
rsavra wrote:

Regards.

Yes that is what i was trying top explain you that you haven't setup your mail setting in the administration section.

Go to this location and setup  your mail settings then only e-mails will work on your website.

Administration section > Configuration > Email Accounts  (Here configure the mail settings of the store)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.