issue: NC doesn't send email as password reminder

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
Thanks but I had set that up when I installed nopCommerce.
13 лет назад
Ok let me know 3 things:

1) as in your mail setting you have configured yahoo mailbox, can you post the details of your mailbox setting here ?

2) do you have google account ?

3) which version of nopCommerce you are using ?
13 лет назад
Sure. I am using NC 1.8 and yes I have Google account.

In setting I have defined a [email protected] which I'm assuming it must send an automated email when a customer is trying to retireve his/her password.

These are the settings:

Email address:          my personal yahoo email
Email display name:  General contact
Host:   smtp.TestStore.com
Port:    25
User:    123
Password:    123
Enable SSL:  none  
Use default credentials:  none

Thanks for your patience.
13 лет назад
Host:   smtp.TestStore.com
Port:    25
User:    123
Password:    123

Are you sure these above settings are correct ? from where you got the above values ? from the mailbox you setup with your hosting account/server , am i  correct ?

user: it should be something like [email protected] (if you are using hosting server mailbox)
password: password of yourmailbox

you still sure it is like that ? and all other thins are correct ?

you sure the post is 25 ?

which is your hosting company ?
13 лет назад
if still you are not sure about your current mail settings, you can try with your gmail mail setting.

Here i have explained step by step setting up mail settings with gmail credentials:

http://www.strivingprogrammers.com/boards/t/50/how-to-setup-contact-us-form-in-nopcommerce-solved.aspx

Once you are done with configuring your mail settings, test the forgot password, it should work...
13 лет назад
Hello again Mike,

Thank you! it is working now.... the problem was with the user field on email setup page. By default shows 123 so I thought I shouldn't touch it.

Thanks indeed for your help.

Regards.
13 лет назад
your welcome !!!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.