database on a Separate server than nopC platform

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 года назад
it is looking nice the interface and seems peaty carefully arranged but I can not find in "documentation" any solution for:

- how to setup IIS to start this website ?

:(((
2 года назад
so nice software, so much work, so smooth installation ... with so bad documentation :(

I still not yet setup IIS to go LIVE the website installed with nopWeb.exe :(
2 года назад
first Google search page after "how to setup nopcommerce website" it is already consumed with no actual help about how to LINK the nopC site with IIS. Continue with page 2.

Situation is like I sell you a car, you have driver licence, right ? I give you the key and I leave .. and when you get into the car driver seat .. you discover there is no driver wheel ... hmmm
2 года назад
Xperience wrote:
I'm a Network Admin.

Just like you have expertise in your job
Others have spent many years learning about installing websites in IIS
The documentation is not meant to be a course on the basic information about how to Install a website on IIS – The documentation is just about the specifics for nopCommerce.
Yes the documentation does expect that people do have prerequisite knowledge.

Xperience wrote:
Somehow someone want to get paid for support ?

Do you get paid for your job or do you do it for free ?
Yes there are some experts who do want to get paid for their time.
Maybe it is worth considering how much your time is worth and if it would be better to engage a technician to save you time and concern and install a website for you.

Xperience wrote:
Windows Server 2022 machine

Well not everyone is using the latest server so - did you think about the fact that you might be charting new ground ?

Xperience wrote:
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

Yes there might be a step that you missed that is related to generally installing a website on IIS rather than installing nopCommerce in IIS

Here is some information about checking for errors here
See https://www.selectsystems.com.au/checking-for-errors-on-a-new-installation-of-nopcommerce
2 года назад
Thank you very much for you to reply to me as it is.
The problem is that there is no documentation about how to actually LINK nopC files to IIS Website other than "unzip into root directory" and this is FAR from being enough.

Yes, probably after I will spend time and energy on searching documentation who is not I will either drop the project with nopC or heading to a someone capable to do this ... but I do not know where to find since nowhere is written where you can find such kind of help.
2 года назад
however I do not see the sense of doing this nopC development without being same time capable to make 1 single page with RIGHT INSTALLATION documentation together.

it is exactly like selling a car without driver wheel.
2 года назад
[quote=Yidna]I'm a Network Admin.
Just like you have expertise in your job
Others have spent many years learning about installing websites in IIS
The documentation is not meant to be a course on the basic information about how to Install a website on IIS – The documentation is just about the specifics for nopCommerce.
Yes the documentation does expect that people do have prerequisite knowledge.
/quote]

Why it was so hard for someone to write 13 rows with Step by step CLICK here and there to complete IN TOTAL ? A well intention people will do that so you can actually enjoy the solution ... not sell a car without driving wheel because "if you are a big driver you will be capable to adapt a driver wheel from other car you already own"
2 года назад
very difficult for me to understand why nopComm creators does not put into installation documentation 3 rows (probably 20 words) about how to Connect SITE to IIS in a manner who actually work. There is no more than 20 words required. Hmmmmm

Probably if some task is daily for someone it believe it is for EVERYONE.

nopC site still not working via IIS.
2 года назад
a LOOT of ppl have the same problem to connect nopC site to IIS. I do not understand why it is not already an 10 rows documentation about how to Correctly Complete this even involve to install server from ZERO. Why so many people are facing same problem and owner does not create 10 rows documentation for doing this ? :(
2 года назад
After 2 days of investigating nopComm I getting closer to an EFFICIENT Installation Manual

Preparation:
Windows Server full updated

Install:
IIS (includding App Dev /ASP.NET 3.5& 4.8 /.Net 3.5 & 4.8)
.Net Core 3.1.31 Hosting Bundle
.Net5 runtime 5.0.3
SQL Server Management Studio
reboot server !

Setup:
Create Site Folder on hdd (D:\Inetpub\nopComm    it is totally empty)
Create Site in IIS to point to the Site Folder
- Edit Permission for IIS_IUSRS to have Full Control of Site
unArch nopComm in Site Folder

Study: in this very moment if we open Site Adress it show the Install Page
- if we fill the fields corectly and press Install we got an error: "Setup failed: Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it"
- so we have no other choice but to open Install page in Nop.Web.exe

run Nop.Web.exe /Right Click /Run As Admin > creating port 5000 alive
http://localhost:5000 > to see very first Install menu
- setup user/pass (this will be the administrator)
- setup database server
- setup database name
- check Integrated Windows authentication
press Install > installation running

open Browser and navigate to the Site Adress

Browsing to site name return error "HTTP Error 500.30 - ASP.NET Core app failed to start"
While if we start Nop.Web.exe and we brose to localhost:5000 it is working
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.