Canadian tax support in nopCommerce 2.00 ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
Hi,

Is there any chance to get support for canadian tax in nopCommerce 2.00 ?

The canadian tax system required to be able to calculate 2 taxes (federal and provincial).

Some province like Quebec required to calculate the second tax on the addition of the subtotal and the federal tax amount (GST).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_Canada

I would implement a plugin by myself but the problem is that the tax provider plugin mecanism seem to only support one rate and the shopping cart subtotal and total calculation logic seems kind of hard to modify to support multiple taxes.

Thank you

Patrick
13 лет назад
I thought there is only HST
13 лет назад
No depend of the province.

It would be nice to be able to add up taxes and have an option to be able to say to nopCommerce to calculate the second taxes on the addition of the subtotal + the first tax amount.

The current interface of 1.9 release with the country / state tax provider have almost all of it, except the option to calculate the second taxes on the addition of the subtotal + the first taxe amount. For example I could configure the first tax for Canada country and wildcard provinces and a second tax for Canada and Quebec province, but right now nopCommerce only use the first configured tax that match the billing or shipping address.
13 лет назад
Ok you can set up Tax Based on billing address or Shipping Origin, Usually Shipping Origin (Sellers Address) will make sense.

Then

in the tax provider configure

Tax By Country & State

Edit it and add consoliated Tax of GST and PST for each state.

If you are shipping only to canada this will be good and taxed based on buyers address.

But it is better to levy tax based on sellers address. Think about it if chinese comes to US to buy goods, will they calculate tax based china, no US.

You can ask the team to support additional taxes in the future versions.
13 лет назад
I can't use consolidated tax for each province since Quebec city require to calculate the PST on the amount resulting of the addition of the subtotal and GST.

Since my shop is located in Montréal (Québec province in Canada) to be legal I have to charge GST tax for buyers from Canada (as you said in your example) and GST + PST to buyers from Quebec province, using consolidated tax will result in inexact amount.
13 лет назад
complicated should work around.
13 лет назад
Sorry, it took me some times to understand what you meant by consolidated taxes, you are right I can use a consolidated percentage.

For example GST is 5% and in Quebec PST are 8.5%, a consolidated tax of 13.925% do the job!

Thank you!

Would still be nice if nopCommerce could support multiple taxes, I started a thread in "Suggestions and feedback" is it the right for request to the team?

Patrick
13 лет назад
wow,

glad it helped
13 лет назад
We did a hack for quebec tax,

can.zoo-max.com  don't put www because there is a geo locator and you will be send to a wrong country.  Anyway the taxes are based on the user address.

We look the total tax rate if it's 13.925 we start a small routine that split the taxes in 2 and show it with 2 line in nop commerce.

I don't speak to good in english so just go up to checkout and you will see that if you live in qc it will respect the quebec conditions.

We are also making a nop admin dashboard with a desktop application that work directly with the db.

By the way a question for the NopCommerce team:  Do you think you can offer a sql 2008 datalayer that will use CTE?

It will get rid of some bottle neck.  I already change some of your store proc in 1.9 because they where incredibly to slow in some cases.
13 лет назад
I have done it for Nop1.80 and 1.90.
Check here : www.orthocanada.com and www.betepasbetedesign.com
I'm trying to separate the module from the core, and make it as a tax provider but i found some difficulty when display without touching the Nopcommerce source code.

(Contact me if interest)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.