using multiple Shipping Rate Computation methods at the same time

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 yıl önce
Hi,

Is there any way to use more than one Shipping Rate Computation at the same time?

Example of what I am trying to achieve. I want to setup to shipping methods, say USPS and FedEx and use USPS shipping rate computation for USPS and FedEx shipping rate computation for FedEx. Sounds logical, right?

Currently when I enable more than one shipping rate calculation I get all the shipping rate calculation methods applied to all shipping methods ie. FedEx showing with both USPS and FedEx price..

Any way to configure this? If not any suggestions on how to go hacking it in code?

Thanks!

Filip

P.S. I an currently using Nop 1.8 .. yes, I know there is 1.9 but I've made some modifications and will need to recode them so I am waiting for the good people on the dev team to come out with NOP 2.0 :-)
12 yıl önce
fkierzek wrote:
Hi,

Is there any way to use more than one Shipping Rate Computation at the same time?

Example of what I am trying to achieve. I want to setup to shipping methods, say USPS and FedEx and use USPS shipping rate computation for USPS and FedEx shipping rate computation for FedEx. Sounds logical, right?

Currently when I enable more than one shipping rate calculation I get all the shipping rate calculation methods applied to all shipping methods ie. FedEx showing with both USPS and FedEx price..

Any way to configure this? If not any suggestions on how to go hacking it in code?

Thanks!

Filip

P.S. I an currently using Nop 1.8 .. yes, I know there is 1.9 but I've made some modifications and will need to recode them so I am waiting for the good people on the dev team to come out with NOP 2.0 :-)

Try the following:
1) Do NOT define any shipping methods
2) Just configure USPS and Fedex Sahipping Rate Computation

I hope it works
12 yıl önce
Thank you!

The USPS and FedEx in my case have been illustrative. My real problem was a bit more complex - I needed to do flat shipping in Germany (easily achieved using Weight & Shipping Country computation method) whilst providing a per kilogram shipping in other countries. I've actually managed to work with more than one computation method by limiting the shipping methods to countries. He're the solution for benefit of others.

Step 1 Define shipping method (lets call it Detuche Post) that will be used with Germany and limit it's use to germany using country restrictions on the shipping methods screen. Than use "Shipping By Country & Order Weight" method with "Limit shipping methods to configured ones" to define a calculation parameters for the Deutche Post.

Step 2 Define other shipping methods with their country restrictions and configure calculation via "Shipping By Order Weight" with "Limit shipping methods to configured ones" enabled.

Simple? Not really..

A mechanism for assigning which rate computations methods work with which shipping methods would have solved the problem without resorting to "configuration hacking". Maybe it's something for the dev team to consider somtime down the road.

Hope this helps someone :-)

Filip
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.