Importing Products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 yıl önce
Hi guys. I need your help with something. I have a customer that has over 2,500 products and wants to import them into the database.

The issue is that the import process is very limited in terms of fields, truncates some of the fields and does not allow image importing.

I imagine someone must have come across this situation before. Is anyone aware of any import utility I can use?

I can examine the code and figure out a way to make one but that would probably take me a long time so I am hoping you guys have crossed this bridge before.

If not, it would be great if someone can at least give me some general pointers on what I need to know to code an import tool (e.g. libraries involved, importing images, etc, etc).

Thanks!
12 yıl önce
madestro wrote:
Hi guys. I need your help with something. I have a customer that has over 2,500 products and wants to import them into the database.

The issue is that the import process is very limited in terms of fields, truncates some of the fields and does not allow image importing.

I imagine someone must have come across this situation before. Is anyone aware of any import utility I can use?

I can examine the code and figure out a way to make one but that would probably take me a long time so I am hoping you guys have crossed this bridge before.

If not, it would be great if someone can at least give me some general pointers on what I need to know to code an import tool (e.g. libraries involved, importing images, etc, etc).

Thanks!

Hi
I have already done this with Sql Server Integration Services. It imports from csv file products, product variants, product attributes, categories, manufacturers and from a folder all the product images.

If you are interested pm me.

Regards,
paliktar
12 yıl önce
I sent you a PM with my e-mail address. Thanks!
12 yıl önce
madestro wrote:

Thanks!

Another option:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6353/nopadmin-fast-easy-and-convenient-nopcommerce-administration.aspx
12 yıl önce
Thank you Eduardo. I am looking to keep the costs down for my client so hopefully I can find a free solution. I can understand people wanting to make some money though but there is a reason why I went with an open source solution like Nop Commerce ($) and at this point in time my client is running out of patience so asking for more money is not going to go well with that.

Thanks again!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.