new user registration emails

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 yıl önce
hey guys - everytime a user registers - the email just sits in the queue - i've looked all over and i can't find a way to send the messages - is there not a setting to send them automatically - how do i fix this?

thanks in advance for any input.
12 yıl önce
Is the email account for that Message Template configured correctly?
12 yıl önce
i haven't changed anything. so i would have to say yes it is. should i be looking for something?
12 yıl önce
Admin -> Configuration -> Email Accounts

These have to be configured to real accounts.  

Content Management -> Message Templates are emails that get sent out in certain instances.  Each one has an Email Account that it is both sent from and to.  So the configuration on that Email Account has to be correct or they will never send and just sit in the queue.
12 yıl önce
okay - turns out that in the email accounts section -

CONFIGURATION > Email Accounts

when you select an email account - Edit

you'll need to modify 123 username and 123 password with the proper info - i had to uncheck default credentials for it to work.

you also need to change the smtp server to the proper info.

in my case it was mail.domainname.com vs smtp.domainname.com
(substitute domainname with your domain name - also note - it could be .net, .com, .org etc)

thanks for your help guys - once i did this - the new user registration sent out just fine.

also worth noting - in the CONTENT MANAGEMENT section under Message Templates - find your new user registration and welcome messages and make sure that the Email Account is selected for the proper email account you wish to use to send these emails. i edited
Customer.EmailValidationMessage
Customer.NewPM
Customer.PasswordRecovery
Customer.WelcomeMessage

Thanks again - and i hope this helps someone else along the way.
4 yıl önce
you might also need enable it in the general settings > customer section.
and also make sure the mail template is enabled.
also make sure the email account being used for the template is working correctly.
4 yıl önce
If you email coming into QueuedEmail then may be your email configuration is wrong. after save email configuration, you have to test email from email configuration page to verify about email configuration.
4 yıl önce
Actually even im having the same issue now.
Email for only this template is in queue.
My email configuration uses a no inbox outgoing mail setup.

Issue: This templates default "to:" address is the same outgoing inbox address, therefore it wont send.
If i change the to id in the queue and requeue it, then it works.

Any solution to change the default to address ?

Thanks,
Varun
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.