Data Access (Grey Area)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 yıl önce
Hi all,

I'm on  a steep learning curve here. All help would be highly appreciated.

I need to find out how Nop Connects to the Database through ADO.NET disconnect and then re connect.

But also redirect a two way connection to both Nop Db and a local Db?

All help would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Richard
12 yıl önce
It uses the Entity Framework and the connection string is in \App_Data\settings.txt

Can you explain what you mean by Nop DB and a local DB?  What are you trying to accomplish?
12 yıl önce
Hi Andy

Hope you are well?

I found the connection string

Data Source=SHOP;Initial Catalog=Nop;Integrated Security=True

Yes the company that I currently work for has an existing in house Db that I have on my Local Sql Sever. We want to replicate the two databases together using ADO.NET, we want to connect both. To begin up and down replication. From what I have just been informed by my manager. This is a completely new area to me?

How would I go about doing this??

Hope that gives a better understanding?

Richard
12 yıl önce
You'll want to do something like that completely outside of nopCommerce and within your database software.  I'm assuming you are using SQL Server, start here:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151198.aspx
12 yıl önce
Yes

Thank you I'm already reading and working with the link provided..

I disconnected the connection string to the nop db to test, reconnected and using visual studio I also connecting the local data source we backed up and extracted from our sql sever so both connection strings are visible in the config. Also in Sql Server.

I think our next step is to create the inner joins as I have mapped out the fields we will be joining and going from there... Then my boss say's he will begin replicating up and down both databases...

Amongst everything else I'm trying to acheive..

Fun stuff :)

Thank you for the direction to the setting file.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.