Import/Export Subscriptions - not a "true" bug, but nonetheless...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 yıl önce
I was attempting to import the subscription list into my installation and nothing new ever was added. So, I added a couple of names manually, then used the "Export CSV" button to take a look at what the file was expected to look like. And it looked like a typical comma delimited export file. Tried again and failed.

And, so, I looked in the manual (RYFM)...and lo and behold, the system is NOT importing a comma delimited file, it is importing a TAB delimited file. So, I guess what I'm trying to get at is this: It really should be one way or the other. If you are going to export a comma delimited file, then it should be imported the exact same way.

TAB delimited files are considered text files by Windows, while CSV files are considered "spreadsheet" files by Windows. It really shouldn't be necessary to go through a conversion step to go from an export file to an import file (at least logically speaking, anyway LOL).

(and for those who wonder what RYFM means: Read Your F***ing Manual, but you probably knew that, right?)

Rule 1: don't pet the sweaty stuff.
Rule 2: it's all sweaty stuff
12 yıl önce
I've just created a work item. BTW, have a look at this wikipedia article:

"A CSV file consists of any number of records, separated by line breaks of some kind; each record consists of fields, separated by some other character or string, most commonly a literal TAB or comma..."

"...the records divided into fields that are separated by delimiters (typically a single reserved character such as comma or TAB, or sometimes any sequence of spaces and tabs)"
12 yıl önce
Andrei, totally understand. But the point I was trying to make was one of consistency between in and out, and I'm happy to see you agree. Thanks!
12 yıl önce
I thought you did not like that nopCommerce uses TAB instead of comma. But after reading the post one more time I see that you cannot export subscribers and then import them using the same file. Actually you can. Both of them use TAB. I've just tested it and it works fine.

Anyway, I've replaced TAB with comma as delimeter
12 yıl önce
hmmmm....I had total failure to import with a comma delimiter, but when I changed to TAB it worked just fine.

Is it the way perhaps that the file was formatted at the disk level? I'm going to play around with this a bit, it's got my funny bone tickled. Thanks for the further discussion!

a.m. wrote:
I thought you did not like that nopCommerce uses TAB instead of comma. But after reading the post one more time I see that you cannot export subscribers and then import them using the same file. Actually you can. Both of them use TAB. I've just tested it and it works fine.

Anyway, I've replaced TAB with comma as delimeter
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.