Replacing the PDF generation routines

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 yıl önce
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to replace the default pdf generation routines with my own (to make use of user-definable templates), I'm attempting to do this as plugin.

It works great except for one thing, it always uses my routines even when i "uninstall" the plugin....

I would like to be able to switch this plugin on or off depending on it's "installed" status, any help anyone could give would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

James
12 yıl önce
this is using nopCommerce 2.50
12 yıl önce
I presume that you override the default PdfService with your one in the plugin using IDependencyRegistrar. The issue is that IDependencyRegistrar.Register is always invoked no matter whether a plugin is installed or not. That's why you have to add a validation to your Register method whether it's installed. Something like

//is plugin installed?
var pluginDescriptor = _pluginFinder.GetPluginDescriptorBySystemName("YourSystemNameHere");
if (pluginDescriptor == null || !pluginDescriptor.Installed)
   return;
12 yıl önce
Thanks a lot!
11 yıl önce
Hi

I'm working to solve the same problem not to register a new service/plugin if it's not yetinstalled.

I have tried to use the code snippet shown but I don't know how to inject the _pluginFinder (IPlugFinder).

I have tried with the following sample, added to the Register method in my DependencyRegistrar class in my Plugin:

IPluginFinder _pluginFinder = DependencyResolver.Current.GetService<IPluginFinder>();
var pluginDescriptor = _pluginFinder.GetPluginDescriptorBySystemName("Misc.PDFReports");
if (pluginDescriptor == null || !pluginDescriptor.Installed)
   return;

But no pluginfinder is found?

Objecta, Denmark
11 yıl önce
I finally find a solution to both find the IPluginFinder instance and to check if my plugin is already installed.

var pluginFinderTypes = typeFinder.FindClassesOfType<IPluginFinder>();

bool isInstalled = false;

foreach (var pluginFinderType in pluginFinderTypes)
            {
                var pluginFinder = Activator.CreateInstance(pluginFinderType) as IPluginFinder;
                var pluginDescriptor = pluginFinder.GetPluginDescriptorBySystemName("Misc.PDFReports");

if(pluginDescriptor != null && pluginDescriptor.Installed)
                {
                    isInstalled = true;
                    break;
                }
            }

if(isInstalled)
                builder.RegisterType<ReportPDFService>().As<IPdfService>().InstancePerHttpRequest();

Objecta
Denmark
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.