Need friendly URL's Using IIS 7...I broke it. :(

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 yıl önce
Hi All-

Marketing wanted to fill up my root folder with a ton of folders for marketing purposes. I told them "NO!", after I calmed down, I said I would allow a folder, and I would bury the other folders and redirect them, so they have a short link, but it's not on the root of the site. I have downloaded the "URL Rewrite" plugin for IIS 7 and now all of my NOP (v.2.65) sites are broken :'( (It's a test server..so not so bad). Has anyone worked with this and know what setting I need to make IIS and NOP happy with URL Rewrite? I'm not hung up on URL Rewrite, so I would also LOVE Suggestions for my marketing issue if there are other ideas for re-routing. I need a short link www.mysite.com/a1/ but it goes to www.mysite.com/marketing/promos/vendor/a1/  or similar...  Thanks for any help.

- TD

Not pretty, but code for error below:

Server Error in '/TEST/' Application.

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.]
   System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module) +0
   System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes() +159
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() +2009

[Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() +2750

[Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() +3046

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

.]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +11713134
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods() +465
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +1167

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11702064
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +141
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4870277

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

11 yıl önce
For the record we have the URL rewriter module active on a 2.5 nop site and have no problems.
11 yıl önce
daveb wrote:
For the record we have the URL rewriter module active on a 2.5 nop site and have no problems.

WHAT?! Where?! And please don't do a LMGTFY...I have Googled my brains out trying to figure out a way to redirect sites easily in NOP and I gave up and decided that IIS will by my saving grace... Can you please point me in the exact direction?
11 yıl önce
nopTD wrote:

WHAT?! Where?! And please don't do a LMGTFY...I have Googled my brains out trying to figure out a way to redirect sites easily in NOP and I gave up and decided that IIS will by my saving grace... Can you please point me in the exact direction?

Maybe you were speaking of an IIS Module? I was thinking you were saying a NOP Plugin at first sorry for getting excited. I've been working on this for days....sorry...I'll stop drinking the Dew.
11 yıl önce
Well I don't know where I got the info from but I basically followed some instructions I found on the web for installing the URL Rewrite module into IIS7.

So for instance the old site contact us form was on

http://www.shop.com/enquiry_form.html

and is rewritten to (use the rewrite action)

http://www.shop.com/contactus

HTH

Yeah it's an IIS7 module - it works and is fairly simple to set up.

Lol you can even make your marketing guys fill in all the redirects ^_^
11 yıl önce
daveb wrote:
Well I don't know where I got the info from but I basically followed some instructions I found on the web for installing the URL Rewrite module into IIS7.

So for instance the old site contact us form was on

http://www.shop.com/enquiry_form.html

and is rewritten to (use the rewrite action)

http://www.shop.com/contactus

HTH

Yeah it's an IIS7 module - it works and is fairly simple to set up.

Lol you can even make your marketing guys fill in all the redirects ^_^

Glad you got yours working, mine just won't go... I made a new test HTML site and it works just fine although in the Application Pool the Managed Pipeline Mode has to be in Classic Mode for it to work. Just the NOP sites that are broken as they have to be Integrated. I have tried everything. Is there any other suggestions how to easily redirect 50+ websites easily? (or have ideas how to get IIS running again?) Thanks for your help!! - TD
11 yıl önce
Well...I'd like to delete this whole thread. I had an update sent out to me from a certain tax plugin this morning, and it was corrupted. I spent the entire day trying to fix the rewrite error I was having when really it was the plugin that brought down my whole site. That was a bugger. Thanks for trying to help, and now that I got this URL Rewrite working, it's AMAZING~!  :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.