Slow performance on hosted deployment

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 yıl önce
I deployed a test version of my site to my hosting provider (Webhost4life -- used your referral code!) and the site works but for some reason the page loads can take extremely long--20-45 seconds in many cases. But then after a while I'll get a few fast page loads and then really slow loads again.

I turned on ASP.NET tracing and browsing to site/trace.axd and it doesn't show the page rendering taking very long (<5 seconds in most cases, often faster), but the page trace history keeps getting wiped out. This was my first clue on what the problem might be--I think the ASP.NET application keeps getting restarted and the startup time for the app is making the page loads seem slow. That would explain why the page trace history is getting wiped out as I use it and why the page render times in the traces don't show long render times--that time isn't being spent in page renders.

So I have two questions: 1. Has anyone else run into this problem and have any ideas on solving it. 2. Is there built-in tracing in nopCommerce I can use to verify that this is indeed the problem? I can put code in the right application events -- I'd rather hook into the logging framework nopCommerce uses (I think the MS Logging block), but I can't tell if this is really being used and how to configure it to write to a file.

Thanks for any help on this! These intermittent performace problems can be a real pain. :S
14 yıl önce
1. Has anyone else run into this problem and have any ideas on solving it.
We had some issues with WebHost4Life. Just contact them and they should help (e.g. moving your application to dedicated application pool). Look at "Click for Live Chat" button.

2. Is there built-in tracing in nopCommerce I can use to verify that this is indeed the problem?
Try to set 'Display.PageExecutionTimeInfoEnabled' to true.
14 yıl önce
Well, no luck yet. Webhost4Life doesn't want to put me on a dedicated/isolated application pool without upgrading to a dedicated hosting plan (for 5x what I'm spending now). This doesn't seem to match with the other hosters out there which offer an isolated pool for shared hosting accounts. In any case...

I did enable the page execution timer but whatever is making this slow must be out of the scope of this timer. I enabled ASP.NET tracing but that hasn't narrowed things down much yet. Once in a while I see a long (10-20 sec) execution in the Init section (between Begin Init and End Init).

Has anyone run into really slow initial load times when deploying to hosting? Any suggestions or specifics? The problems seem to be something like app pool restarts, long compile times, delays loading assemlies or something like that--it doesn't seem to be tied to app or data code.
14 yıl önce
I am having the same problem -- extremely long page loads.  I'm using GoDaddy shared hosting.  Has anyone had luck fixing this problem?
14 yıl önce
Suggestion for both, get a diff host.
14 yıl önce
Not really a solution but my hosting is with godaddy and my website is associated with a .com and .co.uk domain. If I enter the .com its very slow, if I use the .co.uk it seems quicker. Still not the quickest but definately quicker. Could there be some issue with the redirection between the 2?

I will raise this with godaddy when I get chance.

If anyone finds a solution/work around please post it on here and I will do likewise.

Thanks
14 yıl önce
I've been in the ecommerce arena for some time and what is hampering performance is the view state.  You will see most asp.net shopping carts laden with controls usually produce a wall of viewstate.

There are ways to address this and as well as the performance overall.  Some of these tips may or may not apply to nopcommerce.  This is focused on performance, ways to address viewstate as well as enhance SEO a little bit in the process.

1.  You can compile nopcommerce in visual studios.

2.  Remove unneeded controls.

3.  Replace controls with html/javascript functions (this greatly reduces viewstate)

4. Place the script manager only on the pages as needed (this is dependent on the application)

These last 2 are dependent on the application and may have a negative effect such as having an adverse effect on postbacks as an example.  If either of these last 2 in conjunction with any of the above 4 will greatly improve performance and seo to a degree.

5.  Moving the Viewstate to the bottom of the page.  

6.  Caching the Viewstate in a SQL database -  This one is really cool.  As soon as I can dig through my files I will post the how to's.

7.  A dedicated server.

That is about it.  Hope you find this information usefull.  Before making any changes, be sure to backup your files and I suggest testing it out first on a test server or in visual studios.  Good luck.
14 yıl önce
Has anyone found any other solutions to this problem?  We seem to see a slow initial page load, with normal performance after that.

We really like the interface, but a dedicated server is way out of reach of the small stores we deal with.  And a slow page load will encourage people to go to the competition.  This is a critical issue that needs to get fixed if nop is to get wider adoption.

Maybe a "stripped down" version could be made available for those of us not needing all the bells and whistles as brokensaber outlined?
14 yıl önce
whats your web adress??
12 yıl önce
I just wanted to add, that I have the exact same problem as originally stated in this thread.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.