Server Error in '/' Application.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 yıl önce
Nop 2.8, arvixe hosting.

This website has been working fine for two months.  I was notified it was down I haven't changed a thing since I first got it started.  Now I get the error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
  Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

I contacted arvixe to help me out with this issue.

Hello,

We can see that Route page 'HomePage' already exists into the contents of your website due to this reason you are getting error. We have attached detailed error into the screen shot. We will request you to check the code of your website and remove the duplicate 'HomePage' from your code and then try to access the website.

Let us know if you have further query.

Their error is "A Route name "HomePage" is already in the route collection.  Rote names must be unique parameter Name:Name."  

I copied the entire site to my computer file per file and it is working perfectly!!!!!  Any suggestions would help.
Thanks
Josh Johnson
www.johnsuniforms.com
11 yıl önce
I don't know went wrong I went and restored a copy and its working fine....
11 yıl önce
Down again
Any help would be appreciated

A route named 'HomePage' is already in the route collection. Route names must be unique.
Parameter name: name
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: A route named 'HomePage' is already in the route collection. Route names must be unique.
Parameter name: name

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: A route named 'HomePage' is already in the route collection. Route names must be unique.
Parameter name: name]
   System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.Add(String name, RouteBase item) +2341514
   Nop.Web.Framework.Localization.LocalizedRouteExtensions.MapLocalizedRoute(RouteCollection routes, String name, String url, Object defaults, Object constraints, String[] namespaces) +229
   Nop.Web.Framework.Localization.LocalizedRouteExtensions.MapLocalizedRoute(RouteCollection routes, String name, String url, Object defaults, String[] namespaces) +18
   Nop.Web.Infrastructure.RouteProvider.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +192
   Nop.Web.Framework.Mvc.Routes.<>c__DisplayClass3.<RegisterRoutes>b__1(IRouteProvider rp) +15
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action) +10754929
   Nop.Web.Framework.Mvc.Routes.RoutePublisher.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +379
   Nop.Web.MvcApplication.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +139
   Nop.Web.MvcApplication.Application_Start() +617

[HttpException (0x80004005): A route named 'HomePage' is already in the route collection. Route names must be unique.
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +9859441
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): A route named 'HomePage' is already in the route collection. Route names must be unique.
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9873784
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254
11 yıl önce
added
    <compilation debug="true"/>

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information:

Module
   IIS Web Core

Notification
   Unknown

Handler
   Not yet determined

Error Code
   0x800700b7

Config Error
   Config section 'system.web/compilation' already defined. Sections must only appear once per config file. See the help topic <location> for exceptions  

Config File
   \\?\C:\Users\Josh\Documents\My Web Sites\nop28 johns\web.config

Requested URL
   http://localhost:15063/

Physical Path

Logon Method
   Not yet determined

Logon User
   Not yet determined

Request Tracing Directory
   C:\Users\Josh\Documents\IISExpress\TraceLogFiles\

Config Source:
   39:     <trace enabled="false" localOnly="true" />
   40:     <compilation targetFramework="4.5">
   41:       <assemblies>

More Information:
This error occurs when there is a problem reading the configuration file for the Web server or Web application. In some cases, the event logs may contain more information about what caused this error.

If you see the text "There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined", this error is because you are running a .NET Framework 3.5-based application in .NET Framework 4. If you are running WebMatrix, to resolve this problem, go to the Settings node to set the .NET Framework version to ".NET 2". You can also remove the extra sections from the web.config file.
View more information »
11 yıl önce
Still having this issue anyone have any ideas?
11 yıl önce
Josh,

If you'd like to send me your ticket # at [email protected], I'll pass it up for escalation.
11 yıl önce
Sent.
Thanks
11 yıl önce
Josh,

Please check your PM - thanks!
11 yıl önce
Me too on arvixe facing similar issue, I have sent my ticket id too, please help...
11 yıl önce
Kakoli - PM me your support ticket number, and I'll add it to the escalation. It might help us pinpoint the trigger to find a common issue.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.