Database backup

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 yıl önce
After downloading and configuring nopCommerce I went into MSSQL Management Studio changed the recovery model of the nopCommerce created database to full and set up a Maintenance Plan to perform regular full backups and another to perform regular transaction log backups. I then noticed that admin -> system -> maintenance  has "backup database". So I am wondering which is best? Do I get something extra from the nopCommerce database backup? My maintenance plan includes integrity checking, backup verification, clean up tasks and the like, as well as the recovery model of full and transaction log backups giving point in time recovery.
14 yıl önce
The difference between the two is:

In nopCommerce: using admin -> system -> maintenance, it's a one time process , you can take a backup when you want

Using Maintenance Plan to perform regular full backups in MSSQL Management Studio: It's a regular process, that keeps taking the backup of your database,

so chances for losing data is in using nopCommerce feature because let's say you didn't take backup and your website crashed, you cannot recover data

But by using Maintenance Plan , it keeps on taking backup periodically
14 yıl önce
Thanks Mike, that's what I figured but wanted to be sure just in case. Also I guess that if a site is being hosted it is quite likely the host guys will deal with MSSQL and so a feature in the site to take a backup saves having to negotiate with the host guys.
14 yıl önce
Your Welcome, Let me know if you need any help
14 yıl önce
Just to let you know , this feature has been introduced in this version (1.5) and lot of people are having issues with it.

I am not sure if it's a bug or not, but please take a look at this : HERE

so keep on checking the forum for answers from nopCommerce Team, i guess they will clear what's the issue with this backup
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.