Abondoned Cart Messaging with MailChimp?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 yıl önce
I just received a newsletter from MailChimp saying that they have integrated with WooCommerce, Magento, and Shopify to send emails to customers that have abandoned their shopping carts. I think it would be a great idea to contact MailChimp and see if such an integration could be done with nopCommerce as well.
7 yıl önce
I have done (although not in a plugin) MailChimp automation. The API is not hard. :D
7 yıl önce
Hi.
We already implemented this functionality at last version of our MailChimp plugin. Please see here.
7 yıl önce
RomanovM wrote:
Hi.
We already implemented this functionality at last version of our MailChimp plugin. Please see here.

So you're telling me that the plugin automatically will pull the data for those that have abandoned carts for the newsletter recipients and I don't have to do anything else?
7 yıl önce
SilhouetteBS wrote:

So you're telling me that the plugin automatically will pull the data for those that have abandoned carts for the newsletter recipients and I don't have to do anything else?

Just check "Use MailChimp for E-Commerce" setting on plugin configuration page. After that plugin will be send store data to your MailChimp account, including the necessary for the abandoned carts workflow. Then you can use this data with any MailChimp e-commerce features.
7 yıl önce
RomanovM wrote:

Just check "Use MailChimp for E-Commerce" setting on plugin configuration page. After that plugin will be send store data to your MailChimp account, including the necessary for the abandoned carts workflow. Then you can use this data with any MailChimp e-commerce features.

It might be worth updating the description of the plugin to include information like that.
7 yıl önce
It may also be worth it to see if the plugin can get added to MailChimp Integrations directory and also on their automation documentation to help get nopCommerce out there more.
7 yıl önce
RomanovM wrote:
Hi.

So is this additional functionality only available in the latest version 3.8 of the plugin or has it also been added to the plugin for previous versions?

Like others I'm also surprised to find this functionality exists. You have what sounds like a deep level of integration with probably the biggest global name in email marketing and it doesn't even get mentioned in the plugin description let alone promoted on the site. Maybe you could nominate yourselves for plugin of the month? :-)
7 yıl önce
SilhouetteBS wrote:
It may also be worth it to see if the plugin can get added to MailChimp Integrations directory and also on their automation documentation to help get nopCommerce out there more.

It does actually seem to be in the integrations directory if you search for it. I agree that more could be done to promote the plugin, though that would probably mean having to write some documentation on how to set it up as the knowledge base article on the nopCommerce MailChimp integration page currently just points back to the plugin on here.
7 yıl önce
You can also use the nop-templates plugin for Customer Reminders for abandoned shopping cart email events.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.