Calendar Based Product

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 yıl önce
Hi,

I would like to sell a course which could run on different dates, but with a maximum number of people per course.  So, it would need to indicate that the course is full.  I believe that currently if I set a quantity on a product, it would be for the whole product rather than for each start date.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
Paul
7 yıl önce
You could use Grouped products, where course is the Group product, and the Dates are the simple products that belong to group.  Alternately, a simple product where the dates are Product Attributes, and use Attribute Combinations for inventory tracking.
7 yıl önce
Hi,

I had a play with those options on the way to work this morning.  A combination of the two might be nice.  For the attributes method, it would be needed to show the number of items available for that particular date.  For the sub product method, this is a bit clunky and doesn't feel right.  My solution needs to be possibly a dropdown list that keeps track of the available spots left.  Perhaps a calendar control would also work, but I wouldn't want to create a new product each time I added a date.

Regards,
Paul
7 yıl önce
pspeirs wrote:
Hi,

I had a play with those options on the way to work this morning.  A combination of the two might be nice.  For the attributes method, it would be needed to show the number of items available for that particular date.  For the sub product method, this is a bit clunky and doesn't feel right.  My solution needs to be possibly a dropdown list that keeps track of the available spots left.  Perhaps a calendar control would also work, but I wouldn't want to create a new product each time I added a date.

Regards,
Paul

Then you would need to do some customization work to display the remaining stock in each attribute value, or in the case of grouped products to show them in a drop down list format
7 yıl önce
How much work would this involve to come up with something that presents as a dropdown list for the customer and adjusts the inventory accordingly?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.