Email from the site to me about nopcommerce copyright issue

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 yıl önce
I received an email from my site to me about nopcommerce copyright.  The site is licensed, on a temporary domain, so it is legal.  Is this just spam?
6 yıl önce
Are you sure the email came from your site?  There was an email from the team about a month ago that went out to all users registered in nopCommerce regarding copyright enforcement.  (It went to all users, not specific to whether they were in violation or not)
6 yıl önce
That's right. We've started sending reminders to users who removed "powered by nopCommerce" text without a valid copiright removal key
5 yıl önce
Hi Andrei, Hi nopcommerce team members,

received weird emails too. E-Mails with broken text, no MX entries, sent by the address which WAS in the nop db. No name mentioned, no sender declared - "legal department of nop commerce" is stated. Really wierd.

# Is the nopcommerce team really sending out E-Mails like that or is it sent out by the system itself?

# Could a dev version on localhost raise E-Mails like that?

Back in 2013 we purchased a key for 100 dollars (remember that right?), nopcommerce was launched as fresh opensource tool that time.
Is the key outdated? Or did i remove it myself while rebuilding the software (which includes deleting unused tables and adding new ones as well as dropping the category handling a.s.o.)?

# If i purchase a new key for 250 $ - how long will it stay valid?

# Or should we drop nopcommerce to stay on the safe site because what we do is not "nopcommerce by design"?

Little wish: If you send out reminders pls make shure that you mention
# which person or system is "talking"
# on who's behalf
# how to contact the "legal department" and where it can be found (postal address, phone a.s.o.).
# and please use an existing Mail Address of nopcommerce.com domain to handle those issues.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.