H1 tags and SEO help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 yıl önce
I have read that an H1 tag containing the keywords for a page may help with SEO. The only H tags used in NopCommerce seem to be the H2 tags – mostly for product titles.

Is there an easy way to format the intro text (description text)  on category pages to include an h1 tag then followed by the text body (as apposed to the current method of not using an H tag at all on category descriptions)?

For the home page, the intro text uses an H2 tag – can this be easy switched to an H1 tag?

Robert
13 yıl önce
I dont much about NOP - I do know about SEO and optimisation and have done quite a bit with other LAMP (Linuz, Apache, MySQL, PHP) apps .

If you cant get H1 tags into your NOP pages - then this will seriously limit your SEO capabilities.

Does anyone know of a live NOP site that ranks page1 Google for their keyword ?
13 yıl önce
I have figured it out. It is really easy - all you have to do is use the built in html editor and click the formatting button to allow you to enter HTML manually. I have now updated all my main catagories and the home page with h1 headers as the bolded  part of all intro descriptions on the top of each page.
13 yıl önce
burtonrobert1 wrote:
I have figured it out. It is really easy - all you have to do is use the built in html editor and click the formatting button to allow you to enter HTML manually. I have now updated all my main categories and the home page with h1 headers as the bolded  part of all intro descriptions on the top of each page.

You shouldn't really do that.
For best results, the only thing you should have as H1 on your site is your sites name, and that should be the first thing on your site.

Usually it's used in combination with clickable logo image that replaces text in your H1 tag.

There's lot of info on the subject all over the net, you can read this for starters if you want to implement it the right way.
11 yıl önce
burtonrobert1 wrote:
I have figured it out. It is really easy - all you have to do is use the built in html editor and click the formatting button to allow you to enter HTML manually. I have now updated all my main catagories and the home page with h1 headers as the bolded  part of all intro descriptions on the top of each page.

It took me a while to find the HTML editor in 1.7. it is the little <> icon at the bottom of the editor window for each product and category (obvious really).

There is so much discussion on the benefits or irrelevance of H1 tags but Compito is the only person I've come across who thinks there should be only 1 H1 tag per site. This seem an odd idea as you would think there would be 1 H1 tag per page, it is the main page heading isn't it?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.