Doing shipping outside NopCommerce and pushing info direclty into the database

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 yıl önce
On our old ecommerce system, we would use integration from Fedex to grab the address to ship our items and it would write the tracking number back to the database.

I am trying to figure out if I do the same with nopcommerce if it will generate the emails to the customer notifying them of shipment. It also looks like I would want to add all the cart items to the shipment items table.

If not, is there something I can do to force nopcommerce to kick off that process?

Thanks,
Dan
5 yıl önce
Hello Dan,

Have you checked nopCommerce fedex implementation. You can partial ship orders too.

I am not sure whether it writes tracking number back to shipment in nopCommerce but there is an option to store tracking number for each shipment you create for an order so you can just extend nopCommerce Fedex integration to do so if it does not.

Thank you,
Atul
5 yıl önce
The "Shipping Provider" plugins are only "rate calculators" (and also some of them will get tracking info when a tracking number is present).  They don't set up shipments.  You need to set up your shipments manually with the carrier's online app and manually put the tracking numbers in the nopCommerce shipments.  Alternately, there are some other types of plugins in the marketplace that use 3rd party services like ShippingEasy.com.
5 yıl önce
Fedex shipping software will query a database directly, but I need to create a db view that will return the address in a row where id=order#. The software can also add a tracking number, but in kentico (or previous solution), the tracking number was in the order line, not a separate table.

What I was trying to figure out was if I coded a process to add the tracking number into an entry in the tracking number table if nopcommerce would ever figure out the tracking number was added and kick off the email to the customer. I don't see a scheduled task to do this, so I was thinking I might have to do my shipment creation (not the fedex creation, but the shipping "object" creation in Nopcommerce) from within the admin UI instead.

Dan
5 yıl önce
Hello Dan,

Yes you can do it manually or you can develop features in nopCommerce to automate things you need.

Schedule tasks can be added by code to perform a logic.

Shipment can be created using FedEx API's or other possible ways.
5 yıl önce
Dan

You can also write custom code in the nopCommerce application, but
a) you should try to do things in the 'nopComemrce way' (use services, custom attribute fields, etc.)
b) you should try to write a plugin, so that future maintenance is easier when nopCommerce upgrades.
... even if doing it the 'right' way requires a little more initial effort / learning curve ;)

With that said, to "automatically" set up your shipments and send the email, consider:

Handle the OrderPlacedEvent
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/40854/orderplacedevent-catch.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.