working with a designer, is there and easyway to merge front-end mods

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 yıl önce
It seems like it's going to be by far easiest for our designer to modify js, css, some cshtml, and theme settings on a deployed [development] site (not have to use visual studio).

I imagine merging those changes back into the visual studio solution will be a matter of carefully merging only the related design/content files and database vales that are theme related - can probably be scripted once all those areas/files are identified.

Before I do all that I want to check to see if there is anything available that makes this easy already?
   possibly like a theme setting export/import... something along those lines, even if it's only in script form.

Thanks
5 yıl önce
kylewarren wrote:
It seems like it's going to be by far easiest for our designer to modify js, css, some cshtml, and theme settings on a deployed [development] site (not have to use visual studio).

I imagine merging those changes back into the visual studio solution will be a matter of carefully merging only the related design/content files and database vales that are theme related - can probably be scripted once all those areas/files are identified.

Before I do all that I want to check to see if there is anything available that makes this easy already?
   possibly like a theme setting export/import... something along those lines, even if it's only in script form.

Thanks

Not really but feel free to check out nop marketplace: https://www.nopcommerce.com/marketplace.aspx
5 yıl önce
kylewarren wrote:
Thanks

This is how we have solved a similar problem:

1. Created a separated git repository for UI part only (Views, css, js). Let's call it UI repo.
2. UI repo is mapped to a working site (I don't know full details of this part, sorry, it was admin's part). So, every push to UI repo will change the UI part of the working site.
3. The designer can connect to the UI repo, pull files from it and work with them with his favorite tools.
4. Then he makes commit/push and see the result on the working site.

When the UI work is done, any programmer can merge the files from UI repo to global development repository. There is no authomatic merge in this part, but it is quite easy work (well, without conflicts :)).

Maybe it is not the most elegaint way, but it works.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.