Plugin and theme Fail V4.10

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 yıl önce
Hello

I have been trying to upload a theme or a plugin to my site, so far it has proved impossible.
I go to the Market, choose a plugin or theme and download the .zip file, I then upload that .zip file to my website on the plugin page.
As soon as the upload finished i click install and  get this error.

No descriptor file is found. it should be in the root of the archive.

I have searched for a solution to this problem, but so far, one has not appeared.

There is this suggestion.  https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/2747

but then i have searched for the files suggested and they do not appear on my install.

I am using SmarterASP.NET hosting, V410 of nopCommerce, Chrome Browser and a MacBook Pro

Please does anyone know how i can get rid of this error so i can install a theme or plugin.

Any help would be amazing.

Thank you
5 yıl önce
Flatdog wrote:
Hello

I have been trying to upload a theme or a plugin to my site, so far it has proved impossible.
I go to the Market, choose a plugin or theme and download the .zip file, I then upload that .zip file to my website on the plugin page.
As soon as the upload finished i click install and  get this error.

I have searched for a solution to this problem, but so far, one has not appeared.

There is this suggestion.  https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/2747

but then i have searched for the files suggested and they do not appear on my install.

I am using SmarterASP.NET hosting, V410 of nopCommerce, Chrome Browser and a MacBook Pro

Please does anyone know how i can get rid of this error so i can install a theme or plugin.

Any help would be amazing.

Thank you

According to nopCommerce plugin architecture, "plugin.json" must be there in plugin. This file contains meta data of the plugin.

In you case, I would request you to check this file by extract in your local system before uploading a zip file.

For more information check Step:3 at https://docs.nopcommerce.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40304642
5 yıl önce
Flatdog wrote:

That error is shown if you trying to upload multiple items at one archive, or archive does not contain proper structure.
Open your zip and check if structure is correct. In some cases, archive may contain plugins for multiple nopCommerce versions (our trial versions contain), you need to zip proper plugin version and upload only that archive, not whole pack.

Regards,
Tom
5 yıl önce
Hello
Sorry for the delay.
Ok so when i unzip there are 3 versions of the theme, and the theme.json is in the root of the theme folder.
I zip the theme for the 4.10 version of the theme and upload the theme, and i get this error.

The archive should contain only one root plugin or theme directory. For example, Payments.PayPalDirect or DefaultClean. To upload multiple items, the archive should have the 'uploadedItems.json' file in the root

I am a bit confused, as i really thought it would work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/65kuj5qd199m9yh/Screen%20Shot%202018-11-18%20at%2000.23.44.png?dl=0
this is a screenshot of the theme root folder, which i then zipped, and uploaded it has one theme.json file

Also when i search all the files on my server, it can not find any uploadeditems.json or UploadedPlugins.json anywhere and this is the only install on this server, no idea why these files do not sow up, there is aslo nothing similar after having scrolled through all the files on the server looking.
I really do not know what i am doing wrong here, i am gobsmacked that i cant upload a single plugin or theme yet.
Any idea on what else i can try, or what i am doing wrong as it just will not work for me at the moment.

Thank you very much
5 yıl önce
Flatdog wrote:
Any idea on what else i can try

You may simply upload files via FTP. That is working as long as keep proper structure.

Regards,
Tom
5 yıl önce
Hi all,

Short suggestion:
Try a different compression tool to create your zip file?

My situation:
I was having a similar issue with uploading a Payment Plugin via the web interface, receiving the following error message:

"The archive should contain only one root plugin or theme directory. For example, Payments.PayPalDirect or DefaultClean. To upload multiple items, the archive should have the'uploadedItems.json' file in the root"

The frustrating thing was that the plugin folder structure was correct and the plugin.json file was in the plugin dir and was valid JSON - furthermore I had successfully uploaded and installed the plugin already, having only made a slight change in the code and updated the plugin version number.

I checked the source code for the Nop.Services.Plugins.UploadService class and observed the logic, finding the error message was due to a simple check failing, as a root folder could not be located in the archive entries.

I recalled that I had zipped the plugin dir originally using 7-Zip, standard compression zip method.
Subsequent zip files I created using the "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option under Windows Explorer "Send To" context menu.

The Windows default compression method was the problem, creating the zip file using 7-Zip solved my problem.

I was developing the plugin in VS2017 on Windows 10 and deploying to NopCommerce 4.10 hosted on IIS 8.5 running on Windows Server 2012 R2.
3 yıl önce
It actually works in mac OS too. But you need to make a little changes, I assume you did correct uploading and choosing the correct version of the plugin (exp; 4.20 in the zip file) and normally so I skip these info.

First, do not use the mac OS's current zip app and download another zip app, I use winzip for mac for exp, it is also more usefull than current one.  (I did not fully understand why current zip app do not work fine though)

Secondly, open the zip app and choose the correct version folder of yours (exp, 4.20) then select the plugin folder (in this case "NopSaral.ProductZoom") and finally make sure the zip folder name is same with the folder itself (NopSaral.ProductZoom.zip).

Use this file when you upload the plugin, it will work...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.