Combining multi-vendor and multi-store and support multiple suppliers

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 yıl önce
Hi, I've just registered and downloaded nopCommerce for evaluation, needing the following functionality:

1. Multi-vendor (each vendor has a micro store inside the main mall)
2. Allow each vendor to also have their own store on their own domain
3. Each vendor's products will be sold in their own store as well as in the main mall (ideally share the same products)
4. Each vendor can source products from multiple suppliers and should let shoppers view the availability and comparative pricing from multiple suppliers (in both their own store and within the mall)

I can see that nopCommerce supports 1 OR 2 but not 1 AND 2 on the same installation. I also cannot find the ability to link products to multiple suppliers.

Can anyone please advise to what extent the above is possible, out of the box or with plug-ins or do we need custom development?

Thanks in advance
5 yıl önce
There is one plugin which can help with 1, 2 and 3 but I have not configured it with vendors - you can have a play with it multi-site-tenant - Each administrator account can only see and manage the products, categories, customers, orders, configurations, etc ..  of each store.
Products/Categories could also be assigned to the main store through a central admin(s) which can see and edit entire categories, products, orders, customers etc .. of all the stores.

The idea of multiple suppliers and compare would need to be customised. Currently there is manufacturers but a product can only have 1 manufacturer - you could have multiple copies of a product which are owned by different  vendors in the main store and hence a supplier.

To what extent you can combine all of the above will take some playing around to see if you can achieve the result. But I’m thinking there may be some customisation required to at least make it easier to manage the complexity you are trying to achieve.
5 yıl önce
Thanks Yidna, it is not clear to me what the difference is between the built-in "multi-store" feature and the above "multi-tenant" plug-in, perhaps my lack of knowledge about nopc so I'm still exploring.

Setting aside the multi-supplier requirement, perhaps one way to do this would be to:
- have one single database
- deploy two instances of nopc pointing at the same database
- one instance is configured with multi-store to allow store1.com, store2.com, store3.com, etc
- the other instance is configured as multi-vendor for mall.com
- custom developed plug-in to allow store owners to appear as vendors (?)
- custom developed plug-in to allow store owners to share their products into the mall as vendors in the mall (?)
- goods can be purchased in mall (using standard multi-vendor workflow) or directly at the store which uses standard multi-store workflow

Thanks
5 yıl önce
Ignore previous post, I think I've just understood the difference between multi-store and multi-tenant:

Multi-store -> all admin is done by you in a single admin panel for all stores
Multi-tenant -> each tenant (or store owner) manages their own store in their own admin panel

Therefore, and still setting aside the multi-supplier requirement, perhaps the answer is:
- have one single database
- deploy two instances of nopc pointing at the same database
- one instance is configured with multi-tenant plug-in to allow store1.com, store2.com, store3.com, etc
- the other instance is configured as multi-vendor for mall.com
- custom developed plug-in to allow store owners to appear as vendors (?)
- custom developed plug-in to allow store owners to share their products into the mall as vendors in the mall (?)
- goods can be purchased in mall (using standard multi-vendor workflow) or directly at the store which uses standard multi-tenant workflow
5 yıl önce
Without committing to much to the thought process – It sort of looks feasible
But with only one database - really only one configuration for all front ends but by using different domains / subdomains there is different entry points through different store options
The good thing about nopCommerce virtual is anything is possible it just may need some more customisation
4 yıl önce
Hello,

I think that I have the same need. I need to have only one store ie:www.eshop.com but with the notion of reseller, each seller would have his own product catalog, shipping costs and orders. If a user makes an order by selecting several items from several resellers it would be necessary to create an order per seller etc.... Is there a plugin to do this?

Thank you.
4 yıl önce
FlaLabs wrote:
Hello,

I think that I have the same need. I need to have only one store ie:www.eshop.com but with the notion of reseller, each seller would have his own product catalog, shipping costs and orders. If a user makes an order by selecting several items from several resellers it would be necessary to create an order per seller etc.... Is there a plugin to do this?

Thank you.

A few years ago we did something alike, but it requires customization. You create a pre-shopping-Cart where all products are added sorted by vendor and when the user wants to proceed to order then the products of the first vendor add sent to the cart to individually proceed to the order process, then the second, etc.

Check multi-tenant extension
4 yıl önce
Thanks for your reply !
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.