Big Companies using NopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 yıl önce
We are considering using NopCommerce because of it's solid architecture and good support base. That being said we are nervous about making a move to a new platform.

Would it be possible to hear from some larger e-commerce companies (Sales around 5-20 Million) to find out how the solution fairs?

Other comments about this subject are also welcome.

Thanks.
Josh
13 yıl önce
Josh -

You might consider looking at the example of NOP running on Windows Azure someone shared here:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/1502/nopcommerce-running-on-azure.aspx

Azure in theory should make on-demand availability of NOPCommerce possible, and support a heavier user base for the money.

Azure still might be over-kill for most implementations of NOP given the possible scalability of most of the current hosting solutions available, however, I still think it's worth a thought if performance and scaling to larger customer (shopper) bases without compromising performance are part of your concerns.

If your worried about professional look and feel, templating and UI isn't anything your traditional web-design shop with some ASP background couldn't handle.

Also, having some experience with Cloud-computing I think nopCommerce will be the first open-source solution that could be actively installed with a complete feature set into an on-demand environment. Salesforce.com has some scalable eCommerce Apps via it's "AppExchange", but I don't know how customizable they are or open-source. Also, same customization problems without scalable solutions offered via eBay or Amazon.

Just my 2-cents.

What concerns did you have specifically? I'm consulting a company about that size right now, and will most likely be moving them to a new platform after the Christmas season, but multi-store is very important to them, so I'm gathering my thoughts about what direction to go.
13 yıl önce
Thanks for replying!

We are only concerned about the platform not being about to support 3-5 thousand simultaneous users at a time.

The show case (although showing some very nice css and design work) didn't really inspire confidence that this platform can be taken to a host a bestbuy.com or a amazon.com.

This is really what I'm wondering. Can this be done? I know that the platform can support up to 250K products, which is good for us. but how does that affect the user experience?

I also noticed that full text search is not yet supported. How would that affect clients trying to search our catalog?

I know what some of you are thinking; “It’s free, shut up and stop complaining :)”. The thing is I am interested in a .NET platform and all the "not free" platforms suck.

But if I'm going to convince management...I need something strong.

Do you see my dilemma?
13 yıl önce
CPGhost-

Ultimately (in my opinion, and I know there are more and more professionals out there whom will agree with me on this) is that open-source is becoming more and more powerful for doing different enterprise level tasks.

I think that user-experience will really be "What you make it" in terms of customization to better fit the needs of your product lines. I guess I'm just curious if there are some more specific "use-cases" you can point too and other people can chime in as well with their experience with other platforms for that case.

Full disclosure, I haven't dealt with the "commercial use platforms" out there.

I've seen "Magento" which is a (PHP/MySQL) based Shopping Cart with a $13,000 license fee and I'm not sure that the value you get for that money besides professional programmer support that your probably going to need to customize the
cart in the first place.

Jordan
[email protected]
13 yıl önce
Also, in response to: I also noticed that full text search is not yet supported. How would that affect clients trying to search our catalog?

Catalog that size your probably going to have a lot of users searching for more "specifics" rather than generalities. I'm sure the search features in nopCommerce could be easily customized to fit this use-case. Per adding individual feature specifications. I tend to prefer the nop product specification functionality that is built in by default as opposed to "Zen Cart" for example where I had to spend a lot of time righting admin consoles for doing faster updates to larger catalogs.

Transforming a big database to fit nopCommerce certainly isn't an impossible task, but will probably be one of the larger one's your probably already expecting.

I think that the individual product management in the point and click interface is easier to use than some of the other products I'm familiar with by default.

Jordan
13 yıl önce
Jordan.

Thanks for the suggestions and the advice.

I'll keep you posted on our progress.

Josh
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.