Filtering products in a category by manufacturer

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 yıl önce
I have lots of products in each category and it's necessary to allow the user to filter them by manufacturer. I don't think NopCommerce allows this by default, but I was thinking of using a product specification instead of actual manufacturers. Is there a downside to this approach or NopCommerce actually allows filtering by manufactures and I didn't know?
13 yıl önce
You're right. It'll require some customization. Follow the next steps:
1. Add manufacturer dropdownlist to your category details page (\Templates\Categories\ProductsInGrid.ascx, \Templates\Categories\ProductsInLines1.ascx and \Templates\Categories\ProductsInLines2.ascx controls)
2. Populate it with manufacturers:
var manufacturers = ManufacturerManager.GetAllManufacturers();
rptrManufacturers.DataSource = manufacturers;
rptrManufacturers.DataBind();

3. Set manufacturer AutoPostBack property to "true"
4. Subsribe to its SelectedIndexChanged changed event (OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlManufacturer_OnSelectedIndexChanged") and invoke Bind() method in its handler (ddlManufacturer_OnSelectedIndexChanged)
5. Modify Bind() method to pass selected manufacturer identifier to ProductManager.GetAllProducts(...) method

P.S. And of course you can use a product specification instead of actual manufacturers
13 yıl önce
This customization is very critical for us. Could you explain it a bit more.
13 yıl önce
Can I push this topic on again. I want to filter by manufacturers too.

I have four manufacturers and I want an image link from the home page to filter all products to the manufacturer selected. So a user is only browsing the site for that one manufacturer.

My C# is OK but not good enough yet for this. I think this is a pretty easy and a useful mod to do.

I understand what Andrei's post is doing but it's still short of a bit of code for me to do yet and I need it from the home page as an image hyperlink not a dropdown from the category.aspx.

Any help for this from anyone please - thanks
13 yıl önce
a.m. wrote:
You're right. It'll require some customization. Follow the next steps:
1. Add manufacturer dropdownlist to your category details page (\Templates\Categories\ProductsInGrid.ascx, \Templates\Categories\ProductsInLines1.ascx and \Templates\Categories\ProductsInLines2.ascx controls)
2. Populate it with manufacturers:

3. Set manufacturer AutoPostBack property to "true"
4. Subsribe to its SelectedIndexChanged changed event (OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlManufacturer_OnSelectedIndexChanged") and invoke Bind() method in its handler (ddlManufacturer_OnSelectedIndexChanged)
5. Modify Bind() method to pass selected manufacturer identifier to ProductManager.GetAllProducts(...) method

P.S. And of course you can use a product specification instead of actual manufacturers

In this code you try to select all manufacturers and transfer it to DataBind of ProductsInLines2, but how i can select all manufacturers by CategoryId, can you make some examples or ready solutions?
12 yıl önce
Hello, how would you solve it now in version 2.1?
12 yıl önce
how to please can be done in the razor version 2.1?
12 yıl önce
Has anyone managed to implement this into 2.1?

Many thanks,

Dave
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.